Xiaomi’s Quad-Curved Waterfall Display Concept Smartphone
Quad-Curved Waterfall Display By Xiaomi, Waterfall Display Concept, Quad-Curved Waterfall Display Smartphone, Quad-Curved Waterfall Display Concept –
On 5th February 2021, Xiaomi officially introduced First Quad-Curved Waterfall Display Concept Smartphone by posting videos on its social media handles.
This new Xiaomi concept smartphone’s display has 88-degree hyper on all four sides which allows visual interfaces to flow over the smartphone’s surface like water.
Xiaomi also says there were thousands of attempts behind such a piece of glass. It has over 46 self-developed ground-breaking patents.
88-Degree Hyper Quad-Curved Screen
The biggest challenge that Xiaomi faces in producing the industry’s first concept smartphone was not just bending the display, but manufacturing an 88-degree quad-curved glass, adopted through our breakthrough 3D bonding process.
This 88-degree hyper on all four sides glass has virtually broken through the technological limits of producing glass.
To achieve this concept smartphone, Xiaomi says they have used –
- self-developed glass processing equipment,
- a hot bending process under 800°C high temperature and pressure,
- four different polishing tools,
- and more than ten complex polishing procedures.
This concept smartphone adopts a completely portless design (without any buttons or openings on the entire body or frame), bringing forward the futuristic no-port unibody design.
Xiaomi Concept smartphone also features –
- wireless charging,
- third-generation under-display cameras,
- eSIM support,
- ultra-thin piezoelectric ceramics,
- pressure-sensitive touch sensors,
- and many more groundbreaking technologies that are seamlessly integrated together to build a visionary yet intuitive device.
We have published Poco M3 Key Specifications & Next Flash Sale, Time on Flipkart.
Some FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- What is Waterfall Display?
When the side edges of the display are curved to such that you can not see any side bezel (then it means the screen is flooding off it), hence display is called Waterfall Display.
- Do Curved Screen Break Easily?
The curved screen means more glass area (more screen-to-body ratio) that gradually increases the chances of breaking the screen easily as compared to the normal ones.