Why is My Facebook Feed Not Working, Facebook Showing me Strangers or bizarre posts in the feed, How to Fix Facebook Feed Not Working Properly –
Facebook is a social media platform that allows users to connect with their friends, family, and others based on their interests. It is a widely used platform that has millions of active users around the world.
These days, users are facing problems with their feed. For some users, it’s crashing and for some users, the feed is flooded with comments on celebrities’ pages, rather than the usual posts from friends or other pages they were interested in.
So, if you are also one of those whose Facebook Feed Not Working Properly, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the ways to fix it.
How to Fix Facebook Feed Not Working?
Many users have reported that their Facebook feed is not working. Some users have reported that they are seeing strangers or bizarre posts in their feed. In this article, we have listed some ways by which you can fix the Feed not working properly on Facebook.
Force Stop the App
To fix the problem, you need to force close the Facebook app on your device. Here’s how you can Force Stop the Facebook app on an Android device.
- Press and hold the Facebook app icon.
- Click on the ‘i’ icon to open App Info.
- Here, you will see a Force Stop option, tap on it.
- Wait for a few seconds then reopen the app and check whether it’s working or not.
If you are an iOS user, here’s how you can force close the Facebook app.
- On the home screen of the iPhone, Swipe up from the bottom and hold.
- Swipe up the Facebook app window to remove it.
- Reopen the app and check whether it’s working properly or not.
Clear Cache Data
Clearing the Cache data fixes most of the issues a user faced on it. Hence you need to clear the cache files of Facebook to fix the problem. Here’s how you can clear the cached files on your Android phone.
- Tap and hold the Facebook app icon then click on the ‘i’ icon.
- Here, you will see Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage, tap on it.
- Finally, click on the Clear Cache option to clear cache data.
However, iOS devices don’t have an option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that removes all the temporary files and reinstalls the app. Here’s how you can clear cache files on an iOS device.
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Navigate to General >> iPhone Storage and tap on Facebook.
- Click on the Offload app option.
- Confirm it by tapping on Offload again.
- Finally, tap on the Reinstall app option.
Update or Reinstall the App
You can also try updating the Facebook app on your device as app updates come with Bug or glitch fixes and improvements. So, if you using an outdated app version then it may not work properly and you need to update it. Here’s how you can update the app.
- Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
- Type Facebook in the search box and hit enter.
- Click on the Update button to download the latest version of the app.
- Once updated, your issue should be fixed.
Done, you have successfully updated the Facebook app and your issue should be fixed. Alternatively, you can also uninstall and reinstall the app to resolve the problem.
Wait for It
If you are not able to fix the issue, then there are chances that Facebook servers are down. So, check whether Facebook is down or not. Here’s how you can check if it’s down or not.
- Open a browser and visit an outage detector website (e.g., Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
- After opening an outage detector website, type Facebook in the search box and hit enter.
- Here, you will need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Facebook and it’s most likely down.
- If the Facebook servers are down, wait for some time (or a few hours) as it can take a few hours for Facebook to resolve the issue.
Conclusion: Why is My Facebook Feed Not Working
So, these are the ways by which you can fix the problem of the Facebook Feed Not Working or loading stranger posts in the feed. We hope the article helped you in using Facebook without any issues.
For more articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick updates.
You May Also Like:
How to Fix Can’t Edit Facebook Posts?
How to Hide Ads in Facebook Messenger?