What is Sandes App and its Features? How to download it?
National Informatics Centre (NIC) introduced a new instant messaging platform called Sandes.
Sandes is an messaging app which was previously available to government employees. Now, this app is available for all the users to download and use it.
Sandes previosuly named Government Instant Messaging Systems (GIMS). When you download it in your smartphone, you may see the app’s name as GIMS.
The government is calling it Sandes which basically means message.
This app is developed by NIC (National Informatics Center), which is a part of the MeitY (Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology).
Sandes app is available for both android and iOS devices. It is available to download from GIMS official website. This app is expected to be a WhatsApp alternative.
Here’s how you can download and setup it.
How to download
- First of all open GIMS official website.
- Now, select Android or iOS in which you want to download this app.
- It will redirect you to downloading page.
- Click on download button.
- Done, Sandes app will start downloading.
How to setup this app
- After downloading this app.
- Open the app.
- Click on Mobile button and enter your mobile number.
- Now, enter the OTP received on your mobile number.
- Enter your gender (optional)
- Done, your can now start using it.
Features of Sandes App
- You can register on the app via email or phone number.
- Users can create groups with 200 member capacity.
- You can share emojis, and forward text messages on this app.
- Users can also backup their chat history.
- Sandes app also offers you to share a file to Digilocker directly. Any PDF document received in this app can be uploaded to Digilocker.
- Users can also share Images, Audio, Video, and other document files.
- You can share media of up to 500 MB.
- You can also have the option for audio and video call.
- Users can access dashboards of various initiatives by Government using the Chatbot service of this app.
- It has an feature which allows users to mark a message as confidential to ensure receiver that the message is not forwarded to other users.