Get a Twitter Verification Badge, Apply for Twitter verification, Get a Blue Tick on Twitter, Eligibility for Twitter Verification, Process for Twitter Verification –
Twitter has once again started its verification process and it will roll out the applications to its users. Twitter stopped its verification process back in 2017, following a controversy in the US.
Now, the verification process is all set to roll out. Twitter in a blog has mentioned that people those are going to apply for verification badge must have authentic, notable, and active Twitter accounts.
Let’s see the step by step guide to apply for Twitter Verification Badge.
Accounts Eligible for Verification
If you are applying for Twitter verification Badge, you must fulfill these following criteria set by Twitter.
- Your account has a profile name and image
- Your account has a confirmed email address or phone number
- You have logged into it in the last 6 months
- No 12 hours or 7 days lockouts for violating Twitter rules in the past 12 months
In addition, to be verified on Twitter, your account must be notable, authentic, and active. The six types of notable accounts that Twitter currently verify are:
- Companies, brands and organizations
- News organizations and journalists
- Sports and Gaming
- Activists, organizers, and other influential individuals
Process of Twitter Verification Badge
Twitter says that they have started rolling out the applications for Twitter verifications from today, but it may take a week to reach the option to you.
Below are the steps of how you can apply for Twitter Verification Badge.
- Open the Twitter App or go to twitter.com
- Logged in to your Twitter account for which you want Blue Tick.
- Go to Settings and Privacy (If you are on Desktop then firstly click on more and then you will Settings and Privacy)
- Click on your account and then Account Information
- Here, you will see a Verified Option
- Click on Request Verification and then select Get Started.
- Now, you need to select your profile category in “Tell us who you are” option.
- After selecting a category, Twitter will ask you some questions or to show your work to Twitter to prove your category.
- At last, you need to give a Government issued ID or your email address or the website you are associated with.
- Done, Your request has been sent to Twitter for Twitter Verification Badge.
Once, you apply for the Twitter verification badge, their team will reach out to you within 7 days. If your application is approved, you will see the blue badge automatically on your profile.
If you are disqualified or your request not approved and you think that Twitter made a mistake, then you can reapply 30 days after receiving our decision on your application.