YouTube has an Ambient Mode feature that once enabled, adds “a splash of color” to the background of YouTube’s user interface. It basically displays a glow around the video area that adapts the background color of that area to the main color of the video. Ambient mode is activated automatically in dark mode. However, users can enable or disable the feature as per their choice. In this read, you will learn how you can turn on or off Ambient Mode on YouTube.
How to Turn ON or OFF Ambient Mode on YouTube?
The feature is available for both mobile and desktop versions of YouTube. The ambient mode uses dynamic color sampling to add an effect that makes the background color matches the video. In this article, we have added the steps by which you can enable or disable the feature.
Enable Ambient Mode
In order to use or enable Ambient mode on YouTube, users need to turn on the dark theme on YouTube if not enabled already. Follow the below steps to turn on Ambient Mode.
1. Open the YouTube website on your system.
2. Make sure you have a dark theme enabled. To enable it, click on your profile icon at the top >> Tap on Appearance >> Select Dark Theme.
3. After enabling the dark theme, YouTube will automatically enable the ambient mode until you turn it off.
1. Open the YouTube app on your device.
2. Tap on your profile picture icon at the top.
3. Select Settings from the appeared menu.
4. Click on General under settings.
5. On the next screen, tap on Appearance and choose Dark theme.
6. Once enabled, YouTube will enable the ambient mode on the videos until you disable it.
Disable Ambient Mode
You can easily disable the ambient mode by turning off the dark theme but you can also disable or enable it manually. Follow the below steps to disable Ambient Mode.
1. Open the YouTube website on your computer.
2. Visit a video, and click on the gear icon.
3. Turn off the toggle next to Ambient Mode to disable it.
4. If in case you want to enable it in the future, turn on the toggle next to it.
1. Open the YouTube app on your phone.
2. Head to a video of your choice.
3. Click on a video to open it, and tap on the three-dots icon or gear icon at the top.
4. Tap on Ambient Mode from the appeared menu to disable it.
5. At the bottom you will see a message stating, Ambient mode is off.
6. Now, if you want to enable it in the future, tap on it again to turn it on.
So, these are the steps by which you can turn on or off the Ambient Mode in YouTube on Mobile and PC. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick updates.
You May Also Like: