Wondering How to Stop Spam Replies on Twitter, 4 Best Ways to Stop Spam Replies on Twitter, Block Spam Replies Under Your Tweet on Twitter, Stop Unwanted Replies on Twitter from Mobile or PC –
Twitter is a microblogging and social networking service. It is a widely used platform and has millions of active users around the world.
Just like other social media services, users also receive spam and unwanted replies to their Tweets on Twitter. Hopefully, there are some ways by which you can block or stop them in your Tweets.
So, if you are also one of those who is looking to stop spam replies on Twitter, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the ways to do so.
How to Stop Spam Replies on Twitter?
There are many instances when we receive fishy website links or some spammy crypto website link under the reply of your Tweet. In this article, we have added some best ways by which you can Stop Spam Replies Under Your Tweets on Twitter.
Mute Words on PC
Twitter gives users an option to mute some specific words, which blocks or mutes them from their home timeline and notifications as well if they wish to and you will not be able to see the Tweets or replies carrying those words. Here’s how you can do it.
1. Open the Twitter website on your PC.
2. Tap on the More button on the left sidebar.
3. Click on Settings and Privacy.
4. Select Privacy and Safety under Settings.
5. Here, you will find the Mute and Block option, tap on it.
6. Select Muted Words under the Mute and Block.
7. It will show a pop-up if you’re opening this for the first time, tap on Got It.
8. To add a word, tap on the ‘+’ icon at the top.
9. Enter the word you want to mute. Select the checkbox for Home Timeline and do other settings as per your convenience. Once done, tap on the Save button.
10. If you want to add more words to the list, tap on the ‘+’ icon to do so.
11. If you want to unmute a word, click on the unmute icon next to the specific word.
12. Confirm it by tapping on Unmute.
Mute Words On Mobile
If you are using the mobile app of Twitter and want to mute words to stop spam replies or comments on Twitter, follow the below steps.
1. Open the Twitter app on your device.
2. Tap on your profile icon at the top.
3. Select Settings and Privacy from the given options.
4. Tap on Privacy and Safety.
5. Under Safety, tap on Muted Words.
6. Click on the ‘+’ icon at the bottom.
7. Enter the word you want to mute. Select the checkbox for Home Timeline and Notifications if you wish to. Also, select the Duration as per your convenience.
8. Finally, click on the Save button at the top.
9. To remove a word from the muted list, tap on it.
10. Click on Delete Word at the bottom to remove it from the list.
Block or Mute the Person
If a particular Twitter user is replying to your Tweets with spammy or unwanted comments then you can stop it from doing this by just blocking or muting the person. Below are the steps to do so.
1. Head over to one of the replies that the user made on your Tweet.
2. Click on the three dots at the top right corner of their reply.
3. Select Block or Mute @user from the appearing options.
4. Finally, click on Block or Mute to confirm the action.
When you mute someone, they will see your Tweets on their profile but you will not be able to see their tweets, retweets, or replies on your timeline. On the other hand, when you block someone, they will not be able to see your profile including your tweets, retweets, etc.
To unmute or unblock someone on Twitter, you need to go to Settings and Privacy >> Privacy and Safety >> Mute and Block >> Blocked Accounts or Muted Accounts >> Unblock the person you want.
Restrict Reply on your Tweets
Twitter has an option by which you can select “who can reply” on Tweets at the time of creating them. Here’s how you can restrict replies to your Tweets.
1. At the time of creating a Tweet, click on Everyone can reply at the bottom.
2. Select “People you follow” or “Only People you mention” to limit replies on that particular Tweet.
3. Once selected, click on Send button.
4. Now, based on your selection, only a limited number of people will be able to reply to your Tweets.
You can also share a Tweet with a number of people of your choice using the Twitter Circle which will help you in reducing the spammy replies to your Tweets.
Conclusion: Stop Spam Replies on Twitter
So, these are the ways by which you can stop spam replies under your Tweets on Twitter. If you find this article helped, share it with your friends and family.
You May Also Like: