How to Set Up “UPI Lite” on BHIM App to Make Transactions, Wondering What is the Liter version of Unified Payments Interface, What are the features of UPI Lite –
UPI (or Unified Payments Interface) is an instant real-time payment system by NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India), that facilitates inter-bank peer-to-peer and person-to-merchant transactions. The service is used to transfer funds between two bank accounts instantly. There are billions of transactions processed through UPI in a month.
However, with lakhs of transactions recorded every minute, users are facing problems and NPCI also revealed in data that approximately 3/4th of UPI payments are of smaller value. Also, many users are tired of the small value transaction entries in their passbook as they are not able to find anything which they are looking for due to the number of entries.
To improve the functioning of UPI payments, NPCI launched the UPI Lite and in this article, we have added the steps by which you can set up UPI Lite on the BHIM app to make transactions.
What is UPI Lite?
In simple words, the UPI Lite is basically a UPI wallet for small payments of up to 200 INR. Also, these payments will not require a UPI PIN and the transactions will not reflect in your bank passbook which also helps you in maintaining your account easily.
In this article, we have added the steps by which you can set up UPI Lite on the BHIM app. But before that, let’s the features of the UPI Lite.
Features of UPI Lite
By name, the UPI Lite might sound like a toned-down or cut-down version of UPI to you, but actually, it offers some good features over the regular UPI. Here are some features of UPI Lite.
- RuPay Credit Cards can be linked to UPI ID.
- Allows users to do recurring small payments under 200 INR.
- Can hold a max of 2000 INR, with no daily limit of wallet top-up.
- No UPI PIN is required for the transactions.
- Your bank will support UPI Lite without any hidden charges.
- UPI PIN is mandatory for enabling UPI Lite.
- Users can add funds to UPI Lite using their bank account.
How to Set Up “UPI Lite” on BHIM App to Make Transactions?
You can easily set up UPI Lite on the BHIM app for Android or iPhone. Follow the below steps to enable and make transactions.
1. Open the BHIM app on your device.
2. Tap on Enable Now from one of the banners.
3. Now, you will see some instructions, tap on Next for all of them. Lastly, select the checkbox to agree on terms and conditions then tap on Enable Now.
4. Select your bank from the list.
5. Enter the amount you want to add (maximum of INR 2,000) and tap on Enable UPI Lite.
6. Here, you will need to enter the UPI PIN.
7. Once done, the amount will be added to the UPI Lite and will be visible on the home page.
8. Now, whenever you try to make a transaction under INR 200, you will be asked to pay via UPI Lite.
9. However, if you want to pay via normal UPI, you can simply tap on Bank under Debit account and select another bank.
10. Once done, click on Confirm then tap on Send button the make the transaction.
Conclusion: Set Up “UPI Lite” on BHIM App to Make Transactions
So, this was all about UPI Lite and how you can set it on the BHIM app to make transactions valued below INR 200. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick updates.
If you are not seeing the UPI Lite option then there are chances that you have not updated the BHIM app. Hence, update the BHIM app to the latest version from Google Play Store or App Store. Also, if you not seeing it even after updating the app then there are chances that your bank is not on the supported list for UPI Lite.
Yes, you can add balance of up to INR 2,000 as many times in a day to your UPI Lite wallet.
You can’t pay more than INR 200 via UPI Lite as the maximum amount supported by the feature is INR 200.
The upper or maximum limit for a UPI Lite transaction has been fixed at INR 200, as per a press release issued by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
Yes, the UPI Lite supports RuPay Credit Card which you can make transactions using your RuPay Credit Card.
You May Also Like: