Xiaomi India Head Manu Kumar Jain confirmed MIUI 12.5 India launch on Facebook, but is yet to announce the exact release date.
Xiaomi unveiled MIUI 12.5 globally a few weeks backs, an upgrade over MIUI 12. The new MIUI 12.5 will offer faster and smoother performance over the predecessor. Mi Pilot testing program for MIUI 12.5 includes Mi 11, Mi 10, Mi 9, Mi 9 SE, the Redmi K20 Pro, Redmi Note 8 Pro, Redmi Note 9T and more.
The new operating system is said to be better than the previous MIUI versions. MIUI 12.5 version will essentially be the base update before MIUI 13 releases.
Manu Kumar Jain didn’t give out exact dates for when the next version of MIUI will be launched, but he did say it’s going to be the “cleanest”, which has sparked speculations about Xiaomi dropping advertisements on its phones.
List of Xiaomi Phones in India eligible for MIUI12.5
The company has been rolling out MIUI 12.5 in China for a while now, and reports say that it has put out beta testing forms for the India ROM of the interface too. Xiaomi’s Mi Community India app was banned by the Indian government last year, meaning the company will have to find a new way to send out testing forms to its fans.
It is also worth noting that MIUI runs on Mi, Redmi and Poco devices, so here’s the list of devices that will support MIUI 12.5.
- Mi 10
- 10T Pro
- K20 Pro
- Redmi Note 10 Pro Max
- Note 10 Pro
- Note 10
- Redmi Note 9 Pro Max
- Note 9 Pro
- Note 9
- 9 Power
- 9 Prime
- Redmi 9
- Note 8 Pro
- Note 8
- Redmi 8
- 8A Dual
- Poco X2
- M2 Pro
Features of MIUI 12.5
MIUI 12.5 will offer optimized performance. The new UI is said to be more lighter, faster and efficient than its previous versions of MIUI.
- Newly uninstallable System Apps include Mi Calculator, Notes App, Weather, Compass, Scanner, Mi Recorder.
- You can hide these system apps, not uninstall them: Mi Music, Themes, Mi Video, Downloads and Mi File Manager.
- Xiaomi has claimed it will be using 20 percent fewer cores than before with 35 percent less background memory and 25 percent less power consumption.
- The MIUI 12.5 update offers a set of new features with better security and performance upgrades.
- Xiaomi is using ‘MIUI Light Cone Motion Effect Architecture’ compared to MIUI 12.
- With new UI, the company is also focusing more on privacy. There’s Clipboard Protection, File Storage and Browser.
- Location (Fuzzy Positioning) now has special mentions.
- The revamped UI offers enhanced performance with improvements to CPU and power consumption.
- In the new UI, App store of Xiaomi has special instructions for privacy including risks, avoiding malicious contents and security tampering.