In the era of the Internet, there are many instances when users face issues or downtime while browsing the web. One of them is Error 429, today you will learn how you can fix HTTP Error 429 Too many requests while visiting a website.
How to Fix HTTP Error 429 Too Many Requests?
HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) is a communication protocol that is designed to facilitate the transfer of data and information between networked devices, such as web servers and web browsers.
The HTTP 429 error code appears when a user or client sent too many requests to a server within a specified time frame.
This is a form of “rate limiting” that servers use to manage their resources and prevent overloading on the server. If you see HTTP 429 error, it means the website or server is asking the client to slow down and limit the number of requests it sends.
Update the Browser
After seeing the error, the first thing you can try is to update the browser in which you are getting the error.
1. Open the browser on your computer (in our case, we opened Google Chrome).
2. Click on the three-dots icon at the top-right corner and select Settings from the appeared menu options.
3. Tap on About Chrome from the left sidebar.
4. Google Chrome will automatically check for updates. If there is an update available, it will download automatically and if not, you can manually download it by clicking on the Update button.
Once it is updated, check whether you are seeing the error or not.
Flush DNS Resolver Cache
If updating the browser does not fix the problem then you need to flush the DNS resolver cache.
1. Press the Windows+R key at once to launch the Run window.
2. Type cmd in the address box and press OK. Alternatively, press the Windows key then search for cmd in the Windows search and run it as administrator.
3. On cmd or command prompt, enter ipconfig /release and hit enter.
4. Now, enter ipconfig /renew and hit enter.
5. Finally, enter ipconfig /flushdns and press enter.
After doing this, your issue should be fixed.
Change the DNS Address
If the above method does not work then you need to change the DNS address as it helps users in resolving the problem.
1. Press the Windows+S key at once to open the search.
2. Type Control Panel and tap to open it.
3. Click on View by drop-down and select Category.
4. On the appeared options, click on Network and Internet.
5. On the next screen, select Network and Sharing Center.
6. Click on your connection next to Connections.
7. On the appeared window, tap on Properties.
8. Now, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
9. Select the checkbox for Use the following DNS server addresses.
10. Set the Preferred DNS server to 18.104.22.168 and the Alternate DNS server to 22.214.171.124 then click OK.
Once you change the DNS addresses, your issue should be fixed.
Conclusion: HTTP Error 429 Too Many Requests
So, these are the ways by which you can fix HTTP error 429 with too many requests. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
You May Also Like: