How to Count Characters in Word, Count Character or Words in MS World, How to View Word Count in Microsoft Word, Review Tab in Microsoft Word, Quick Access Toolbar to access Word Count –
Microsoft Word is a popular word processing software developed by Microsoft. It is a widely used software to create reports, documents, letters, resumes, etc, and also allows users to edit your new or existing document.
Many times, we wanted to know the number of words in an article. Hopefully, there are ways to view the word count and character count in MS Word.
So, if you are also one of those who want to check the word count in MS Word, read the article till the end as we have listed the ways to do so.
How to View Word Count in Microsoft Word?
The Word Count dialog box on MS Word counts the numbers of words, characters, lines, and paragraphs in a document. We have listed some methods to check word count in Microsoft Word.
Using the Status Bar
You can easily view the word count in Microsoft Word using the status bar. Here’s how you can enable the status bar in the Word application and use it to see the word count.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Navigate to the Word App or type Word in the search bar to open MS Word.
- Open a document and right-click on the Status Bar (Status Bar is placed at the bottom where we see Page numbers, Language, and Accessibility).
- It will open a Customize Status Bar dialog box, here, you will see Word Count and Character Count options.
- If the option does not have a tick symbol, it means the option is disabled. Tap on the Word count and character count to enable them. It will then appear in the status bar.
- In the Status Bar, you will see counts followed by the term words. Tap on the digits to launch the Word count dialog box.
- On the dialog box, you can see all the statistics including Words, Characters, Lines, etc. of the document.
Further, if you want to see the word count of a particular section in a document, you need to highlight the text and then open the dialog box to view it.
Using the Review Option
The Review option on the MS Word app has many features including the one which we are looking for which is Word count. Here’s how you can see word count using the Review option.
- Open the MS Word app on your system.
- Tap on the Review option at the top.
- Here, you will see a Word Count option at the left under the Review tab.
- Click on the Word count and it will show you the statistics including the Words, Pages, Lines, and other details.
Using the Quick Access Toolbar
You can also see the word count using the Quick Access Toolbar by adding the word count command. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Microsoft Word application.
- At the top of the app in the blue line, you will see an Autosave, reload, undo option with a drop-down icon next to the reload icon.
- Click on the drop-down icon and tap on More Commands.
- Tap on the drop-down arrow for Choose commands from option and select All Commands.
- Scroll down the list, select Word Count, and tap Add.
- When the option is visible under Customize Quick Access Toolbar box, tap Ok to apply the settings.
- Now, you can access the Word Count in the blue line at the top of a document.
Using a Keyboard Shortcut
You can also check the word count dialog box easily using a keyboard shortcut. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the MS Word app on your PC.
- Now, open a document on it.
- Press the Ctrl+Shift+G Key on the keyboard.
- It will open the Word count dialog box which shows you the statistics.
Conclusion: View Word Count in Microsoft Word
So, these are all the ways to check or view word count in an MS Word document. We hope the article helped you in viewing the word count in Microsoft Word.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.