Instagram rolled out the “Live Room” feature on 1st March 2021 that allows you to live on Instagram with up to three additional peoples (total 4 peoples) in the same stream.
You can either add three peoples simultaneously or choose to add them one by one later.
The feature has already gone live in India and you should be able to see the option in your live session. The feature should start expanding to more regions very soon.
Let’s see how to use this Instagram Live Room features in simple steps:
How to use Instagram Live Rooms
- Firstly, update your app from App Store or Play Store.
- Open Instagram App.
- Swipe left, and click on the live camera option.
- You will be live on Instagram.
- Here, you will see a camera icon, click on it.
- It will show you “Go Live in a Room”.
- From here, you can search for your friends and friends.
- Select up to 3 people
- Click on the Invite button.
- When they accept your request, they will be live with you.
Recently, Instagram extended the live sessions limit from 1 hour to 4 hours and the new development comes as a follow-up to the previous one.
With this feature, Instagram will now be able to hold 4 people instead of 2 people which was the previous limit.
Live Rooms also gives creators more ways to build a business and earn money. Instagram recently announced that Live viewers could purchase badges for their favorite creators to show their love.
With Live Rooms, viewers can buy badges for the hosts and use other features like Shopping and Live Fundraisers.
How to start a live video on Instagram?
- Open the Instagram app and Swipe left
- Then scroll the live option, click on that
- If you want to add a title, then Tap on the Title option and add it