Reverse Take a Break on Facebook, Taking a Break on Facebook, How to Mute Someone with Take a Break feature, What does take a break do, How to take a break on Facebook, How to Use Facebook Take a Break Feature to Mute Someone –
Facebook is a widely social-media platform owned by Meta. The platform keeps adding new features to its platform to improve its functionality for the billions of its active users.
Recently, Facebook has added a Take a Break feature which lets its users mute someone on the platform. But users are confused about how they can use the feature.
So, if you are also one of those who want to use the Facebook Take a Break feature to Mute someone on the platform. Read the article till the end as we have listed all the steps to use Facebook Take a Break.
What is Facebook Take a Break feature?
Take a Break feature on Facebook lets you mute any of your friends on the platform. The feature could help you in situations when a relationship is over and you do not want to block or unfriend them but leave it blank.
When you take a break from one of your friends, you will be able to:
- Edit who can see your previously posts: After enabling Take a break feature, Facebook lets you to limit who can see your posts including photos, status updates, videos, and more. You can limit posts you are tagged in or that you have tagged someone else in by changing your privacy settings.
- See less of someone: You can also limit where you see someone on Facebook. If you choose to see them less, their posts and posts they are tagged in will not appear in your Feed and you will not be prompted to message them or tag them in photos. To see their posts again, you can follow them.
- Limit someone’s ability to see your posts and posts you’re tagged in: You can also hide your posts from the person you want to take a break from. They will be added to your Restricted list and will only see posts you tag them in or share publicly.
- You will also be removed as a contributor from any shared albums with the person you want to take a break from.
How to Use Facebook Take a Break Feature?
Below is the step-by-step guide for using Facebook Take a break feature. Follow the below steps to use the new feature.
- Update the Facebook app from Play Store or App Store.
- Once updated, open the application on your device.
- Go to the friend’s profile and here you will see the Friends and Message option.
- Click on the Friends button and select Take a Break from the menu.
- Here, you can customize that user’s activity related to you.
- Click on the See Options at the bottom.
- Select Limit where you see (User) and his/her posts will not show in your News Feed, you also will not be prompted to message him/her or tag in photos.
- After selecting, click on Save.
- If you have selected Limit, you will see a new page with Limit what (User) will see.
- Click on the See options and select Hide your posts from (User) and he/she will not able to see or interact with any of your posts.
- After selecting, click on the Save.
- Now, click on the See options, and select Edit all my posts and posts I’m tagged in to limit the visibility of your previous posts.
- Finally, click on the Done button to save it.
How to Remove Take a Break?
If you want to remove these limitations or the feature from the friend, you can easily do it from their profile. Here’s how you can do it.
- Go to the friend’s profile and click on the Friends option.
- Now select Take a Break.
- Open the specific section and restore the changes.
- After doing, save the settings for that particular section.
Done, it will remove the Take a Break feature from that person. Note that, this feature is currently available on the mobile version as of now. So, you can change these settings from the mobile app or mobile web on your device.
Conclusion: Use Facebook Take a Break Feature
So these are the ways by which you can enable and disable Facebook Take a Break feature on Facebook. We hope the article helps you in using the feature.
If you like the article, share it with your friends and family. Further, if you have any questions, do let us know in the comments below. You can also follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more informative updates.