Invite Collaborate Feature on Instagram, Collab Feature for posts and reels, Use Collab Feature on Android and iOS in Instagram, How to Use Collab Feature on Instagram for Posts and Reels –
Instagram has introduced a new feature in the app that will allow a user to collaborate with another user on Feed posts and Reels. This feature is called ‘Collab‘.
However, this feature is currently available for users of India, Ireland, and the UK as of now. We can expect that other countries will get this feature soon.
The main aim of this feature is to help creators or influencers to collab with other users to gain more engagement on their pages. The one good thing about this feature is any public account can use this feature.
So, if you want to use the Collab feature on your Instagram to collaborate with other users for posts and reels. Here’s how you can do it on the Instagram App.
How to Use Collab Feature on Instagram
The new Collab feature on Instagram allows a user to collaborate with another user for Reels or posts by sending an invite notification. If the other user accepts your collab request, it will feature on both accounts.
The other user which you tag will show as a co-author for that particular post. They will also be able to share the post on their account with one click.
The Collab feature works similarly for both the reel and post feed. If you want to know how to use this feature on your smartphone. Below is a step-by-step guide to doing it on both Android and iOS devices.
On Instagram Posts
- Update the Instagram App from App Store or Play Store.
- Open the App on your smartphone.
- Click on the ‘+’ icon in the top right corner.
- Select a Post which you want to upload.
- Upload your post as you did normally.
- Click on the Checkbox, add filters if you want to.
- Tap Next, and click on ‘Tag People‘ below the ‘Write a Caption’ screen.
- Now, click on ‘Invite Collaborator‘.
- Here, use the search box to type the person’s name or username with whom you want to collaborate.
- You can add more than one collaborator.
- Invite all the calloborator which you want to.
- Click Checkbox to confirm.
- You will be taken back to the Settings page.
- Here, you can edit or share post.
- If you are done with edits, Share the post.
On Instagram Reels
- First of all, update the Instagram App from App Store or Google Play Store.
- Now, open the App on your device.
- Click on the ‘+’ icon placed at the top right corner.
- Select a Reel which you want to upload.
- Upload your reel as you did normally.
- Click on the Checkbox and add filters if you want to.
- Select Next, and click on ‘Tag People‘ placed below the ‘Write a Caption’ screen.
- Now, tap on ‘Invite Collaborator‘.
- Here, search for the person’s name or username with whom you want to collab.
- You can select more than one collaborator.
- Select all the calloborator which you want to.
- Click on Checkbox to confirm.
- Now, you will be taken back to the Settings page.
- Here, you can edit the reel or can share.
- If you are done with the editing, Share the reel.
Done, using the above-mentioned steps you can use the new Collab feature on Instagram.
You can tag up to 20 accounts (including both collab and normal tags). Now, when collaborators will accept the tag, that your post or reel will show in your feed.
Once the person will accept your Collab request, the post can be shared in their feed too. And, the person will also be shown as the author of the post or reel.
You can collab with accounts that you follow, or collab with public accounts even if you don’t follow them. If you have any questions regarding this feature, do let us know in the comments.