How to Switch Apple ID on iPhone or iPad, Change Apple Account on iPhone without password, Can I have two Apple IDs on one device, How to Use and Switch Between Multiple Apple IDs on iPhone –
iPhone users are increasing day-by-day as they are made to give users a premium feel and remain as flagship models and up-to-date longer, as new and better phones aren’t launched as often as Android phones.
Many times, we want to switch accounts on our phones but unlike Android devices, Apple does not have an option to switch and use multiple accounts (iCloud accounts) on their iPhones. However, there is a workaround by which you can do it.
So, if you are also one of those who want to switch between your multiple Apple IDs on iPhone, read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to do so.
How to Use and Switch Between Multiple Apple IDs on iPhone?
Sign Out and Sign In with a different Apple ID
One of the methods to which you can use multiple Apple IDs on the iPhone is to manually sign out of your Apple account and sign in again with another one. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad. cancel
- Click on your Apple ID (containing your name) at the top.
- Here, you will see a Sign Out option, click on it.
- If you have enabled Find My iPhone, you will be asked to enter the password for the current account to turn off Find My iPhone.
- Now, Keep a copy of your data on this iPhone page will open.
- Here, you can select which data you want to keep on your device after signing out of your current account. If you want to keep it, you need to turn on the toggle for data like Contacts, Health, Keychain, and Safari.
- After that, click on Sign out at the top and confirm it.
- Once you are signed out of your account, click on Sign in to your iPhone at the top.
- Now, enter the Apple ID credentials to sign in to your account.
- After signing in, it will give you an option to merge your local contacts with the Apple ID that you have signed in.
- If you want to merge, click on the merge option.
Done, you have successfully switched to a different Apple ID on a single iPhone.
Add Multiple iCloud Accounts to Apps to use
If you want to use multiple Apple IDs too frequently and don’t wish to sign out of your Apple ID on your device then you can view your data of multiple accounts by adding multiple iCloud accounts to native iPhone apps like Contacts, Notes, Mail, etc. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad.
- Here, you will see native iPhone apps like Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Notes, and Reminders.
- Click on any native iPhone app then click on Accounts from the given options.
- Now, click on Add Account and select iCloud then enter your iCloud credentials to sign in to your account.
- It will then give you an option to merge your local contacts with the Apple ID that you have signed in.
- You can merge your contacts with the iCloud account by clicking on the Merge button at the bottom.
Done, you have successfully added multiple iCloud accounts to your device. Now, you can easily switch between any of your accounts and view its data.
Conclusion: Use and Switch Between Multiple Apple IDs on iPhone
So, these are all the ways to use and switch between multiple Apple IDs on your iPhone. We hope the article helped you in using multiple Apple accounts on your device.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.
Yes, you easily restore your data if you lost it while switching your account. If you use iCloud to save and sync your data, you will be able to easily restore it.
Yes, you can sign in to use and switch multiple Apple IDs on a single iPhone or iPad. You need to log in and setup multiple accounts on a Apple device from Settings app and use them for different purposes such as contacts, email, notes, etc.
No, the apps and purchases linked to one Apple account or (Apple ID) can’t be transferred to any other account.