Send Photos and Videos at Full Resolution on WhatsApp, How to Send High-Quality Images on WhatsApp, Upload High-Quality Photos on WhatsApp, Send Photos and Videos to the highest quality, How to Upload or Send High-Quality Photos, Videos on WhatsApp
WhatsApp is a popular messaging app, owned by Meta. People use WhatsApp to send messages to others most of the time. However, people also share photos and videos with others many times.
But the main problem with WhatsApp is that it reduces the size of the shared media using their algorithms to save bandwidth. This may be not an issue for most of the users. But in some specific cases, people need the original quality of the images.
So, If you are also one of those who want original quality images, then we are going to tell the way by which you can do it easily. Read the article till the end to know how you can send photos or upload a Status and DP in high quality on WhatsApp.
Send High Quality Photos on WhatsApp
WhatsApp has rolled out a new feature that now allows users an option to choose which quality they prefer while uploading or sending photos on WhatsApp.
In the new feature of WhatsApp, you can choose whether between Data Saver, Best Quality, and Auto mode. If you choose Data Saver, it will reduce the size of the photo you are sending or uploading.
On the other hand, if you choose Best Quality, it will reduce the size of the photo but not as Data Saver mode does.
- Update the WhatsApp application from Play Store or App Store.
- Open the WhatsApp Settings (for Android, click on three-dots at the top right corner).
- Select Storage and Data.
- Here, you will see Media upload quality or Photo Upload quality option.
- Click on it and a popup window will open.
- Select Best Quality and click OK to continue.
Done, from now, whenever you send a photo on WhatsApp, the recipient will receive a better quality image that is closer to the original in quality.
However, it reduces the image size. So, we can not say whether it’s an actual higher quality image or not.
Basically, the difference between the data saver mode and the best quality mode is minimal. We have tested both the modes for sending the same photo of 8.3MB size. With the Data saver mode, the photo was sent as 138KB while the Best quality mode resulted in a 260KB.
So, if you want to send an image without any size compression then you can use the Document method. This method is the best and provides the best option to share media without any quality loss.
Send Media as a Document (Without any Quality Loss)
From iOS Devices
- Open WhatsApp application on your device.
- Select the chat whom you want to share the media.
- Tap on the ‘+’ icon from the bottom left side and choose Document.
- Here, select the media which you want to share.
- Finally, click on Send button to share the media.
- Done, the media will be sent as its original quality.
From Android Devices
- Open WhatsApp on your device.
- Here, select the chat whom you want to share the media.
- Now, click on paper clip icon from the bottom-right side, and choose Document.
- Choose the media file which you want to send.
- Finally, click on Send button.
- Done, your file will be sent as its original quality.
If you like the article and think it will be helpful for others, share it with your friends and family. Further, if you have any questions, do let us know in the comments below.