How to remove zip extractor from google drive, Unzip files in google drive on Android or iPhone, How to Unzip Files on Google Drive, Extract Drive Files with or without downloading them –
Google Drive is one of the popular and widely used cloud file storage and synchronization service developed by Google.
Most users use Google Drive to share docs, images, zip, and other files. However, the problem comes when a user sent us a zip file as we have unzipped it.
So, if you are also one of those who want to unzip files on Google Drive, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to do so.
How to Unzip Files on Google Drive?
In this article, we have listed the step-by-step guide by which you can unzip files on Google Drive. Read the full article to check the details.
If you want to unzip the files on Google Drive from your computer, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open Google Drive (visit drive.google.com) in a web browser on your PC.
- Locate to file which you want to unzip.
- Double Click or Right Click on the File which you want to open.
- Click on the Open With option at the top of the page.
- Select any of the apps (we have used ZIP Extractor from the given ones).
- Tap on Authorize ZIP extractor to continue.
- Here, select a Google Account that you want to use to Authorize it.
- Click on Allow button in the Make sure you trust ZIP Extraction popup.
- Wait for a few seconds until it completes and click on the Extract button.
- Once extracted, click on View File to see the unzipped files on your Google Drive.
If you are using Google Drive on your mobile, here’s how you can unzip files on Google Drive.
- Open the Google Drive app on your phone.
- Location to the ZIP file you want to extract.
- Click on the three-dots icon and choose Open With.
- Select any of the apps from ZIP Extractor, ZIP Unzip, and CloudConverter.
- It will redirect you to a website on a browser.
- Click on Authorize button to continue.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to Extract it.
Conclusion: Unzip Files on Google Drive
So, these are the ways by which you can extract files on Google Drive. We hope the article helped you in extracting the zip files on Google Drive from the mobile app and from the PC.
Yes, you can easily unzip a zip file in Google Drive without even downloading it on your device. To do so, follow the steps listed here.
If you want to unzip a file after downloading it, you can also do it. To do so, download the zip from Google Drive >> Open a file converter like extract.me or winzip.com >> Upload the file you have downloaded>> Once unzipped, download it.
You can easily unzip files for free with or without downloading them from Google Drive. If you want to do it without downloading it then follow the above steps. While if you want to unzip it after downloading it, then upload it to online converter websites and unzip it.