Undo an email on Gmail, Unsend an email on the phone or PC, Unsend a Mail on Android, Recall a mail on Gmail app or website, How to Unsend an Email in Gmail, Recall a Gmail on Mobile App or Computer –
Gmail is a popular email service provided by Google. It has billions of active users. We send and receive lots of emails on the regular basis.
However, while sending an email, we forget to add some details on it or sometimes we mistakenly send it to another user. After a few seconds, we want to undo that particular email but don’t know how to do it.
So, if you are also one of those who want to undo an email on Gmail, read the article till the end as we have listed all the steps to unsend an email in Gmail.
How to Unsend an Email in Gmail?
Whether you have noticed a typo (typing error) or forget to add some useful details in the mail or sent the mail to the wrong person, you need to undo that email.
Hopefully, Gmail has a feature by which you can Undo an email. However, the feature has a time limit to undo an email in Gmail which is set for a maximum of 30 seconds on a computer while the mobile app is for a maximum of 5 seconds only.
So, to unsend an email on Gmail within 30 seconds, you have to set the time limit for a maximum before sending an email. Below are the steps to do so.
- Open Gmail on a web browser in your PC.
- Click on the Settings icon at the top right side.
- Here, select See All Settings.
- Now, under the General tab, you will see a Undo Send option.
- Click on the drop-down next to the Send Cancellation period.
- Select 30 seconds from the drop-down menu.
- After doing this, scroll down to bottom and select Save Changes.
Done, you have successfully enabled the maximum time limit to undo a mail on Gmail.
- Now as soon as you send a mail, you will see a pop-up on the bottom-left side with the Undo and Video message option.
- This pop-up will remain till the time limit you have select (like in our case, it remains till 30 seconds).
- Click on the Undo to unsend the mail and a re-compose window will open.
On Gmail App
In the Gmail app, you have only 5 seconds to undo an email and the process to unsend a mail in the Gmail application on iOS (iPhone and iPad), or Android device is the same.
There is no option in the Gmail app which allows you to adjust the cancellation period for messages as of now. The unsend feature in the app is set at an unchangeable five seconds.
Below are the steps to undo a mail on the Gmail app.
- After sending an email, an Undo option will appear at the bottom.
- This option will only email for 5 seconds.
- Click on the Undo button to unsend a mail.
Done, this will take you to the re-compose screen where you can compose it again.
Conclusion: Unsend an Email in Gmail
So, these are the ways by which you can unsend an email in Gmail. We hope the article helps you in unending mail in Gmail on Mobile or PC.
If you like the article, share it with your friends and family. Further, if you have any questions, do let us know in the comments below. You can also follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more informative updates.
Yes, you can easily unsend or undo an email. To do so, you have to go to Settings >> General >> Send Cancellation period >> Set the time. Now, as soon as you send an email, you will see the undo option at the bottom of your PC. Click on the Undo to unsend that particular mail.
No, you can not do it as Gmail allows you to unsend your mail within 30 seconds after sending it on your PC. However, on the mobile application of Gmail, you can only undo it within 5 seconds.
1 thought on “How to Unsend an Email in Gmail on Mobile or PC?”