I forgot my iPhone passcode, How to Unlock a disabled iPhone with or without iTunes, Unlock a Disabled iPhone without a computer, How to Unlock a Disabled iPhone XR or 13 or 12 Mini or 11 Pro Max or any other model –
iPhone users are increasing day-by-day as they are made to give users a premium feel and remain as flagship models and up-to-date longer, as new and better phones aren’t launched as often as Android phones.
However, if your iPhone or iPad is disabled as you have completely forgotten the password and can’t access the device, you will have to factory reset the device.
So, if you are also one of those who want to unlock a disabled iPhone or iPad, read the article till the end as we have listed the ways to do so.
How to Unlock a Disabled iPhone?
Apple iPhone or iPad has a brilliant security system. Once a device was set up, it is protected by the password and Apple ID. A person who doesn’t know the passcode of the device will not unlock it. However, this is a great feature but could be trouble for those who have forgotten their passcode.
When you enter the wrong passcode 10 times in a row, you will get the error message stating that iPad or iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes. Now, you will have to restore your device to factory settings.
Here in this article, we have listed some ways to unlock your disabled iPhone or iPad. Read on to check the details.
There is no way to bypass the passcode if you have forgotten it, you need to reset the iPhone to factory settings. Here’s how you can do it.
For this method, you will need a Mac or PC (if you are using a PC, make sure that it has Windows 8 or later) with iTunes installed and a cable to connect the phone to. Once you have these two things, here’s how you can do it.
- Turn off your iPhone. To do so, press and hold both the Side and Volume down button, or in some models, press and hold the side button until the power off slider appears.
- Drag the slider to turn off your iPhone, and wait a minute to make sure that it turns off completely.
- Start your iPhone’s recovery mode. Depending on which model iPhone, you’ll need to do one of these two things:
- For iPhone X or later, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus press the Side button.
- If you have iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus press the Volume down button.
- For iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 6s, and earlier models press the Home button.
- Press and hold the correct button for your iPhone while immediately connecting your iPhone to the computer using a Cable and Start iTunes on your computer.
- Don’t let go of the button. Keep holding the button until you see the recovery mode screen on your iPhone, then let go.
- On your computer, click on Restore.
- Once the process completes, your iPhone will be reset to its factory settings.
- Now, Disconnect your iPhone from the computer, and follow the on-screen instructions to restore your iPhone with a recent backup.
Using Find My iPhone
Another way to unlock a disabled iPhone or iPad is to use Apple’s Find My iPhone service. This feature allows you to remotely track your iOS devices and reset them if they are stolen and can’t be re recovered. Here’s how you can unlock a disabled device using the Find My iPhone feature.
- Open the Find My iPhone website in any web browser or directly visit icloud.com/find
- Log in using your Apple ID and password.
- Here, Find your iPhone in the list of devices in the drop-down menu at the top of the screen and tap on it.
- Tap on Erase iPhone and confirm it by tapping Erase in the pop-up.
- Once it is erased, your device will be returned to its factory settings.
- Now, follow the on-screen directions to restore your iPhone with a recent backup.
Conclusion: Unlock a Disabled iPhone
So, these are the ways by which you can unlock a disabled iPhone or iPad. Before proceeding, note that this is a factory reset, and you will lose your apps and data. You can restore your data from backup. We hope the article helped you in unlocking your device.