Wondering How to Turn ON or OFF the Proximity Sensor for WhatsApp, How do I enable Proximity Sensor on my smartphone for WhatsApp application –
WhatsApp is a cross-platform centralized instant messaging service owned by Meta (formerly known as Facebook). It is a widely used platform that has millions of active users around the globe.
A proximity sensor is a sensor that helps mobile phones to find out whether a user is holding the phone away or close to their face without any physical contact. It thus turns on or off the screen display accordingly.
However, many users are facing problems with the Proximity sensor during WhatsApp calls. This usually happens when the sensor is enabled for WhatsApp but we have added the steps to enable or disable it.
So, if you are also one of those who want to turn on or off proximity sensors for WhatsApp, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to do so.
How to Turn ON or OFF Proximity Sensor for WhatsApp?
Many users are facing the problem with the Proximity Sensor for WhatsApp as when they hold the phone near to face, the screen display does not turn off, instead, the voice notes audio gets paused.
In this article, we have listed the steps by which you can enable or disable the proximity sensor for WhatsApp.
If you are using an Android smartphone and wish to enable or disable the proximity sensor, follow the below steps.
- Open the Settings app on an Android device.
- Click on Apps from the given options.
- Here, you will see System App Settings, tap on it.
- Scroll down and select Call Settings under the System App Settings.
- Tap on Incoming Call Settings.
- Now, you will see all the call settings for your device.
- Turn on the toggle next to Proximity Sensor to enable it.
- To turn it off, you need to turn off the toggle next to the Proximity sensor.
If you are seeing the Proximity Sensor option under the Incoming Call Settings, then there are chances that the sensor is not available on your device.
There is no such dedicated feature available on iPhone by which you can turn on or off the Proximity Sensor. However, if you are facing issues with it, then you need to remove the screen protector.
If removing the case or screen protector does not work then you need to reset the settings of your iPhone. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Settings App on your iPhone.
- Go to General then scroll down and select Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Click on Reset Network Settings.
- Enter the password if asked.
- Finally, confirm it by tapping on Reset Network Settings.
Also, it’s not possible to disable it directly. However, lower the value of Tracking Sensitivity. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Go to Accessibility and tap on Touch.
- Select Assistive Touch from the given options.
- Here, you will see a slider for Tracking Sensitivity, lower its value.
- Also, turn off Switch Control.
Conclusion: Turn ON or OFF Proximity Sensor for WhatsApp
So, these are the steps by which you can enable or disable the Proximity Sensor for WhatsApp on Android or iPhone. We hope the article helped you in turning on or off the sensor on your device.
To disable the proximity sensor for WhatsApp on an iOS device, navigate to Settings >> Accessibility >> Turn off the toggle for Switch Control to disable it.
When you disable Proximity Sensor on your phone, your phone will start consuming more RAM and battery as it would become incapable of adjusting the screen display according to the user requirements.
Yes, a phone can work even without a Proximity Sensor and there are many smartphones available in the market which comes without this sensor if it’s not there we can get used to our phones without this feature.
You May Also Like: