Keep Hovering to Play Disable, What is the meaning of Keep Hovering to Play, How to Turn Off YouTube Keep Hovering to Play –
YouTube has a “Keep Hovering to Play” feature that plays the video when a user hovers the video for 3 seconds. However, most users are not liking this feature on the platform and want to disable it.
So, if you are also one of those who want to turn off the YouTube Keep Hovering to Play feature, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to do so.
How to Turn Off YouTube Keep Hovering to Play?
In this article, we have listed the steps by which you can disable the feature from your laptop and Android or iPhone device.
Follow the below steps to disable YouTube’s Keep Hovering to Play feature from your computer.
- Open YouTube.com in a web browser on your PC.
- Click on your profile picture icon on the top-right side and choose Settings.
- Tap on Playback and Performance from the left sidebar.
- Here, you will see an Inline Playback option, turn off the toggle next to it.
Done, you have successfully disabled the feature. Now, YouTube will not play the video when you hover on it for 3 seconds or above.
If you are using an Android smartphone to browser YouTube, videos will automatically play when you hold a video thumbnail for more than 3 seconds. Below are the steps by which you can turn it off on YouTube’s Android app.
- Open the YouTube app on an Android phone.
- Click on your profile picture icon on the top-right side.
- Tap on Settings then chooses General.
- Here, you will see a Playback in Feeds option, tap on it.
- Choose Off from the given options to disable the Playback.
Done, you have successfully turned off the Playback in Feed option. Now, the videos will not play when you long-press them.
On iPhone or iPad
Follow the below steps to disable the Playback in Feeds option on your iPhone or iPad device.
- Open the YouTube app on your iOS or iPadOS device.
- Click on your profile photo icon.
- Select Settings from the given options and choose General.
- Tap on Playback in Feeds and select Off.
Conclusion: Turn Off YouTube Keep Hovering to Play
So, these are the ways by which you can disable YouTube’s Keep Hovering to Play feature. We hope the article helped you in turning off the feature on your device.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.
The ‘Keep Hovering to Play’ feature on YouTube allows users to play their desired YouTube video inside a mini-player upon hovering the mouse cursor or long-pressing it for over 3 seconds.
You can easily disable the Inline Playback on YouTube from Settings. To do so, open youtube.com on a browser >> Go to Settings >> Tap on Playback and Performance >> Finally, turn off the toggle for Inline Playback.
You May Also Like:
How to Stop YouTube Videos from Auto-Playing While Scrolling?
How to Change YouTube Video Quality on PC or Smartphone?