Starting with an instant messaging service, Signal Messenger now has a feature called Stories which is quite similar to its competitor WhatsApp Status. Unlike other platforms that have Stories, Signal offers users the ability to disable the feature on the app. Do you also want to turn off stories in Signal Messenger? If so, in this read, you will learn the steps by which you can disable stories on the platform.
How to Turn OFF Stories in Signal Messenger?
The Signal Messenger enters late into the game of Story or Status but they have made it better than other platforms. In this article, we have added the steps to turn off the Story feature in Signal Messenger.
Disable Story Feature
1. Open the Signal Messenger app on your device.
2. Click on your profile icon at the top-left side.
3. Tap on Stories on the settings page to open Story privacy. Alternatively, tap on Stories from the bottom and tap on the three-dots icon, and select Story privacy (if you are using iPhone, tap on your profile icon on the Stories section and select Story Privacy).
4. On the Story privacy page, tap on Turn off stories.
5. Confirm it by tapping on Turn off stories on the pop-up window.
6. If in case you want to enable the feature in the future, just visit the same page and tap on Turn on stories.
So, these are the steps by which you can disable or enable the Story feature in Signal Messenger. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick updates.
Just like other platforms, Stories on Signal will automatically disappear or expire after 24 hours once shared. Additionally, you can also delete them manually before the 24 hours period.
Yes, users can easily disable the story feature on the Signal Messenger app by following the steps we have mentioned in the article.
Yes, once you disable or turn off the feature, all of your active or current stories will be deleted from the platform.
Yes, you can view someone’s Signal story without knowing them by turning off view receipts. You will also not see who has seen your story as well once you disable the feature. To turn off the feature, open the Story privacy page on Signal Messenger and turn off the toggle next to View receipts.
You May Also Like: