Turn off Autocorrect on Gboard, How to turn off Autocorrect in Android, Turn off auto-correction feature in Android, How to Turn off Autocorrect on Gboard in Android –
Just like most features on our smartphones, autocorrect is also one of the features on our smartphones. This feature can help you correct your misspelled words. But many times instead of correcting misspelled words this feature can ruin your entire conversation.
After all, no algorithm can perfectly understand what you are trying to type at any given moment. Everyone has their own autocorrect story, where their smartphone has changed their writing after the fact and totally ruined up a conversation.
If this happens with you too, and you want to turn off autocorrect on your Android smartphone. Here’s the way to turn off autocorrect in just a few simple steps.
Here we are going to tell you how you can turn off autocorrect on Gboard on your phone so you will not send any inappropriate messages to anyone.
How to Turn off Autocorrect on Gboard
You can easily turn this Autocorrect feature off from the settings on your Android. But if you want, you can turn it back on too pretty easily. We will also tell you about some tricks related to the autocorrect feature as a bonus.
Below are the steps to Turn off Autocorrect on Gboard.
- Open Settings on your smartphone.
- Go to Language & Input (You can find it under System or under Additional Settings on some smartphones)
- You can directly search for Language & Input in the search box of Settings.
- Go to Virtual Keyboard or Input Methods.
- Here, you will find Gboard (If you aren’t able to find Gboard, you can directly search for Gboard in the Search box of Settings)
- Here you will find a lot of settings related to the Gboard including Voice Typing, Dictionary, and many others.
- Click on the Text Correction option.
- Scroll down and you will find an Auto-correction option which is turned on by default.
- Toggle the Auto-correction option off.
Once you toggle off this option, the keyboard can not correct your words while typing using the Gboard Keyboard.