WhatsApp auto-download iPhone, how to turn off auto-download in WhatsApp android or iPhone, disable auto-download in WhatsApp in iPhone, How to Turn Off “Auto-Download Media” in WhatsApp –
WhatsApp is one of the popular instant messaging platforms owned by Meta (formerly known as Facebook). It is widely used and has millions of active users around the world.
However, the platform downloads all the media files automatically including photos and videos which most people don’t prefer as either they have less data or due to some other reasons and that’s why they want to disable auto media download.
So, if you are also one of those who want to turn off Auto-Download Media on WhatsApp, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to do so.
How to Turn Off “Auto-Download Media” on WhatsApp?
In this article, we have listed the steps by which you can stop WhatsApp from automatically saving media files on your device.
You can easily disable auto-media download on WhatsApp for iPhone. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the WhatsApp App on your iPhone.
- Click on the Settings icon at the bottom right side.
- Go to Data and Storage Usage.
- Tap on a media file from Photos, Audio, Videos, and Documents for which you want to disable auto-download and select Off.
Done, you have successfully turned off the auto-download media on your device. Now, only files you choose to download manually will appear on your device. Also, if you want to stop the files from appearing on the phone’s camera roll. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Open the WhatsApp app on your iOS device.
- Navigate to Settings >> Chats.
- Turn off the toggle for Save to Camera Roll.
WhatsApp for Android also allows users to disable auto-media download. Here’s how you can turn it off on your Android device.
- Open the WhatsApp App on your device.
- Click on the three-dots icon at the top and choose Settings.
- Tap on Storage and Data and you will see the media auto-download section.
- Click on When using mobile data and disable all the checkboxes you want don’t want to download over mobile data.
- Repeat the same steps When connected to Wi-Fi.
Done, you have successfully disabled auto-download media on your Android device. Now, only files you choose to download manually will appear on your device.
Conclusion: Turn Off “Auto-Download Media” on WhatsApp
So, these are the steps by which you can turn off the auto-download media on WhatsApp. We hope the article helped you in stopping the automatic media download on WhatsApp for Android or iPhone.
You can easily enable the auto-download media on WhatsApp for Android. To do so, Open WhatsApp Settings >> Storage and Data >> When using mobile data >> Tick the checkbox for media you want to auto-download >> Finally, click OK.
To turn off autosave on WhatsApp, open the app’s Settings >> Storage and Data >> When using mobile data or when connected to Wi-Fi >> Untick the checkbox for media you want to disable auto-save >> Tap OK to save changes.
To stop WhatsApp from saving photos automatically on iPhone, Go to the app’s Settings >> Data and Storage Usage >> Click on Photos >> Choose Off from the given options.