This comes as a business move to integrate Whatsapp’s database with all Facebook services.
A very few of us know that Whatsapp’s original co-founder, Brian Acton, had initiated a new messenger application called “Signal Messenger” after selling Whatsapp to Facebook Inc in 2014.
Although in the starting, Signal was not able to gain a huge user base as compared to Whatsapp, but now the application’s popularity has on sky.
Why Should People Preferring Signal over Whatsapp
Signal is one of the most secure messaging apps that you can use right now. Popular personalities, like Tesla’s founder Elon Musk, have advised people to shift to Signal Messenger.
Similar to Whatsapp group, Signal Messenger also offers many features that have attracted a huge user base in recent times.
In addition to common options such as video calling and group calls, Signal has some exclusive privacy-focused features which none of the other messengers offer.
Some of them are Screen Security, Relay Calls, Registration PIN, Censorship Circumvention, and Sealed Sender, among many others.
It is important to note that this process is applicable only in transferring WhatsApp group to Signal. This process does not allow you to move your WhatsApp chats to Signal.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Group to Signal
Here’s how you can transfer or move WhatsApp Group to Signal in just simple steps.
- Open the Signal app on your smartphone
- Click on three dots on the top right side
- Now, click on New Group option
- Select any member or click on skip button
- Enter the name of the group
- Now, click on Enable and Share Link option
- Click on Copy or Share Now Option
- Now, open the WhatsApp group that you want to move to Signal
- Finally, Share the group link you have copied from Signal
After receiving the invite link, users can directly join to the newly created Signal group.