How to Transfer WhatsApp Chats from Android to iPhone, Migrate your WhatsApp data from Android to the iOS device, Requirements for Transferring data to an Apple iPhone device using Move to iOS application –
WhatsApp is a popular instant messaging service owned by Meta (formerly known as Facebook). It is a widely used platform and has millions of active users around the world.
WhatsApp has introduced a new feature by which users can transfer their chat history from Android to the iOS device. Previously, transferring chat history from Android to iPhone was possible through a third-party tool for a new iPhone user.
So, if you are one of those who want to transfer WhatsApp Chats from Android to iPhone, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to do so.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Chats from Android to iPhone?
Using this feature, new iPhone users can easily migrate their WhatsApp Chat from their Android phone to iOS device. Follow the below steps to transfer the chat history.
- Open Google Play Store on your Android phone.
- Search for Move to iOS in the search box and hit enter.
- Click on Install to download the Move to iOS app on your Android phone.
- Once downloaded, open the app and give all the necessary permissions.
- Click on the Continue button and again tap on Continue.
- Now, start setting up your new iPhone and in the Apps & Data screen, click on Move Data from Android option.
- You will see a six-digit code, enter it on your Android phone.
- Once both Android and iPhone are connected with each other, start the transfer.
- On the Transfer Data screen, select WhatsApp and all other options which you want to transfer to your iPhone.
- Click on Continue to start the transfer process and wait for a few minutes until it finishes.
- Once done, download and open the WhatsApp app on your iPhone.
- Log in using the same number which you are using on your Android phone.
- Now, tap on Restore and Import your chat history by clicking on the Start button.
- Finish activating your new device and you will see your chat data on your iPhone.
Done you have successfully migrated the WhatsApp Chat from Android to a new iPhone device.
So, these are the ways by which you can migrate WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone. We hope the article helped you in transferring the chat history on the iOS device from an Android phone.
To transfer chats, you will need the WhatsApp Android version 18.104.22.168 or above. You will also require Apple’s “Move to iOS” app installed on your Android phone. Also, Android users should be using a minimum of Android 5.0 Lolipop or above and iPhone users will need to be on iOS 15.5 or above.
No, after transferring the data, your Android phone will still have your data unless you delete WhatsApp from your Android phone.