How to take a screenshot on windows, how to take a screenshot on Windows PC, Take a Screenshot on a Windows laptop, Take a creenshot in Windows 11 shortcut key, How to Take Screenshots on Windows 11 –
Windows 11 is the latest major release of the Windows Operating System that was released back in 2021. It is the successor to Windows 10 which was released back in 2015.
Many times, we want to take a screenshot on Windows 11 but don’t know how to do it. However, like previous generations, there are many ways to take screenshots on the latest Windows 11.
So, if you are also one of those who want to take screenshots on Windows 11, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed all the ways to do so.
How to Take Screenshot on Windows 11?
In this article, we have listed all the ways by which you can take screenshots on Windows 11. Check all the methods one by one.
Using Snipping Tool
One of the best ways to take screenshots on the latest Windows 11 is by using Snipping Tool. In Windows 11 both the tools of the Windows 10 (Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch) have been replaced by a new Snipping Tool.
Here’s how you can use this tool to take a screenshot.
- Tap the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Search for Snipping Tool then tap to open it.
- Alternatively, press the Windows+Shift+S key to open the Snipping Tool.
- Here, click on New and select the area you want to capture.
- Once you release the cursor, it will capture a screenshot of that area.
The tool also allows users to choose from different ways by which they can capture the screen. You can select one of them based on your requirement.
- Rectangle mode: It is selected by default. Use it to capture a rectangular area.
- Window mode: Select a particular window or menu that you want to capture.
- Full-screen mode: Takes a screenshot of the entire screen.
- Free-form mode: Select a free-form or irregular area you want to capture.
Once done, it will open an editing window where you can crop, rotate, and save the screenshot. To save it, click on the Save button and select the desired location.
Using PrtScn Key
You can easily take a screenshot of the entire screen through the PrtScn key on your keyboard. Once you click on the PrtScn key, it will capture the screen and copy the screenshot to your clipboard. Further, you will not receive the notification for the same.
However, to view the screenshot, you need to paste it on applications like Paint, MS Word, etc, then save it on your device and you can even attach the image in an email or paster it in messaging apps like Telegram or WhatsApp Web version.
To paste it anywhere, you need to press Ctrl+V or you need to right-click on the mouse then tap on the paste option to paste it.
Further, you can also set the PrtScn key to open the snipping tool. Here’s how you can enable the Snipping tool using the PrtScn key.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard and tap on the Settings icon.
- You can also open the settings through a shortcut. To do so, press the Win+I key on the keyboard.
- Click on the Accessibility placed in the left sidebar.
- Now, tap on Keyboard then you will see the On-screen keyboard, access keys, and Print screen section.
- Turn on the toggle for Use the Print Screen button to open screen snipping.
- After that, restart your system.
- From now, pressing the PrtScn key will open the screen snipping overlay and there you can capture and save the screenshot.
Note: On some computers, the Fn (function) key needs to be pressed along with the PrtScn key.
Using Win+PrtScn Key
You can also take the screenshot using the Win+PrtScn key and it will capture the entire screen and also save it automatically. After pressing these keys, you will get a message stating that the screenshot has been successfully taken and saved.
After taking the screenshot, you can access it in the This PC >> Pictures >> Screenshot folder.
Using Xbox Game Bar
You can also use the Xbox Game Bar to take a screenshot. However, it’s originally intended to take screenshots while gaming but you can also use it apart from the game. Here’s how you can use it.
- Press the Windows key then search for Xbox Game Bar and tap to open it.
- You can also open it through the shortcut keys. To do so, press the Win+G key on the keyboard.
- Click on the Take Screenshot icon (or camera icon).
- Now, tap on the webcam icon to take a screenshot.
- Alternatively, press Win+Alt+PrtScn to take a screenshot.
Done, you have successfully taken a screenshot and it will display a notification stating Screenshot saved.
To view these screenshots, you need to visit Settings >> Gaming >> Captures. Here, tap on Open Folder to see all the saved screenshots.
Conclusion: Take a Screenshot on Windows 11
So, these are the ways by which you can take a screenshot on Windows 11 system. Apart from this, you can also use third-party apps like ShareX and GreenShot to take screenshots on your system.
We hope the article helped you in taking a screenshot on the Windows system with the latest version installed in it.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.