Remove Instagram Tags from Posts, Stop People from tagging you on Instagram, How to Stop People from Mentioning you on Instagram Comments, Block People from tagging your on Instagram Posts, Stop People from Mentioning you on Instagram Captions –
Instagram is a popular social media platform owned by Meta. In the platform, people share posts and stories frequently on their accounts. The platform also allows an option by which users can tag other accounts.
Sometimes, it becomes a problem when unknown or anonymous users tagged you in an irrelevant post or sometimes in the comments and stories.
So, if you are also want to stop people from tagging you in Instagram posts, stories, and comments. Read the article till the end to know how you can manage it on your account.
Stop People from Tagging you on Instagram
In Instagram, there is a default setting by which anyone can tag you on photos or videos they post. They can also mention you in their stories, comments, and live videos.
So, if you also want to get rid of these tags on Instagram, the platform has an official way by which you can stop people from tagging you on Instagram.
Disallow Tagging from users on Instagram
Instagram has a feature by which you can turn off tagging from other users on Instagram. After disallowing tagging, no one can tag you in their photos and videos. If you want to disallow tagging, below are the steps for doing it.
- Update the Instagram App from Play Store or App Store.
- Open the Instagram on your smartphone.
- Go to your profile page and click on three lines (or hamburger menu).
- Click on Settings and then select Privacy.
- Click on Posts, and you will see a ‘Allow Tags From’ option.
- Here, choose No one if you don’t want anyone to tag you.
Done, from now no one will be able to tag you on their posts. Instagram also allows you to manually review the tags and approve them. After enabling this setting on your account, you will be able to approve the tagged posts before they appear on your profile.
So, if you want don’t want to disallow tagging but want to review the posts you have tagged, you can use this feature. Below are the step-by-step process for doing this.
- Open the Instagram App on your device.
- Click on your profile and then select three lines menu.
- Here, select Settings, then click on Privacy and select Posts.
- Now, you will see a ‘Manually Approve Tags’ option under Tagged Posts.
- Click on the Manually Approve Tags.
- Here, turn on the toggle for Manually Approve Tags.
Done, from now you have to manually approve posts in which you have tagged. Here, you can also check Pending Tags under the Pending Tags option, and you can also see all the posts that you are tagged in.
Remove Tags on Instagram
If you want to remove yourself from previous Instagram posts that appear on your account profile. Below are the steps by which you can untag yourself from posts.
- Open the Instagram on your device.
- Go to your Profile and click on Tag icon to see all the posts you are tagged in.
- Select the photo or video in which you want to remove yourself.
- Click on the three-dots menu and select Tag option.
- Here, select Remove me From Post to untag yourself from the post.
- If you just want to remove the post from showing up in your profile, click on Hide from My Profile.
Done, using these steps you can remove yourself from already tagged posts on Instagram. You can hide tagged posts from appearing on your account.
Stop People from Mentioning you on Instagram
You can also stop people from mentioning your account in their stories, comments, live videos, and their post captions. Below are the step-by-step process for doing this on Instagram.
- Open the Instagram App and go to your profile.
- Click on three lines menu and select Settings.
- Here, click on Privacy and select Mentions.
- Choose No One if you don’t want anyone to mention you.
Done, now no one can mention you in their stories, comments, live videos, and captions. When people try to mention your account, they will see that you don’t allow mentions.
So, these are the ways by which you can stop other users from tagging you on Instagram. If you like the article and think it will be helpful for others, share it with your friends and family. Further, if you have any questions regarding the articles, do let us know in the comments below.