Stop Random Friend Request on Facebook, Limit Unknown Friend Requests on Facebook, Stop Strangers from Sending you Friend Request on Facebook, Stop Getting Random Friend Requests on Facebook –
Facebook is a popular social media platform with billions of active users globally. Two out of three people who use the Internet have an account on Facebook. We are pretty sure that many of you have received too many friend requests.
Previously, I received 20-30 requests per day on my account. However, over the last few days, I have not received a single one. So, if you are also receiving too many unknown friend requests. You can stop them by doing a simple setting on your account.
Sometimes people want to be your friend so that you can help them with some money transfers or any other things which give benefits to them. So, you can limit the friend requests from strangers by changing the privacy setting of your Facebook account.
Stop Random Friend Requests on Facebook
By default, everyone can send you friend requests, but you can restrict it to some people. Here’s how you can Stop Random Friend Requests on Facebook on your Android and iOS devices as well as on the browser.
On Android Devices
- Open the Facebook App on your smartphone.
- Tap on the three lines (or hamburger menu) in the top right corner.
- Scroll down, and click on ‘Setting and Privacy’.
- Now, tap on ‘Setting’.
- Scroll down, and you will see ‘Audience and Visibility’.
- Click on ‘How people find and contact you.
- Now, click on ‘Who can send you friend requests?’
- Here, select ‘Friends of friends’.
On iOS Devices
- Open the Facebook App on your device.
- Click on the three lines (or hamburger menu) on the bottom right side.
- Scroll down, and click on ‘Setting and Privacy’ and then tap on ‘Setting’.
- Scroll down to ‘Audience and Visibility’ and click on ‘How people find and contact you.
- Now, click on ‘Who can send you friend requests?’.
- Here, click on ‘Friends of friends’.
Stop Friend Request on Facebook using Computer or Laptop
- Open the Facebook Official website on the browser.
- Click on the Account option in the top right corner.
- Now, Click on ‘Setting & Privacy’, and then select ‘Setting’.
- Here, click on the ‘Privacy’ in the left sidebar.
- Here, you will see many options including Privacy Shortcuts, Your Activity, etc.
- Under the ‘How people can find and contact you, you will see ‘Who can send you friend requests?’.
- Click on edit next to the ‘Who can send you friend requests?’
- A drop-down will occur, click on ‘Friends of friends’.
Now, only friends of your Facebook friends will be able to send you friend requests, and according to Facebook, your profile will appear in the People You May Know section only for people who are friends of friends.
This is the way by which you can stop getting random friend requests on Facebook. If you have any questions regarding this, do let us know in the comments. Also, share the article with your friend if you think this is helpful for them.
👉 Also Read: How to Log Out of Facebook Account on All Devices?