Just like other social media platforms, Instagram also starts playing videos automatically as they appear on your feed while scrolling which can be annoying for many users. Do you want to stop videos from automatically playing on Instagram? If so, in this read, you will learn how you can stop autoplay videos on Instagram.
How to Stop Autoplay Videos on Instagram?
Instagram preloads videos to play them automatically as they appear on your feed. This consumes data and is also annoying for users many times. Officially, Instagram does not have the option to turn off autoplay for videos. However, there are some workaround methods by which you can stop videos from preloading in the background as it will also not consume much data while using the platform. In this article, we have added the steps by which you can do it.
On Instagram Mobile App
1. Open the Instagram app on your device.
2. Click on your profile icon to open your profile feed.
3. Tap on the hamburger menu at the top and select Settings.
4. On the next screen, tap on Account and select Cellular Data Use.
5. Turn on the toggle next to Data Saver.
On Mobile Browser (Chrome)
Previously, the Google Chrome browser had the option by which you can stop autoplay videos on sites but now the option is not available anymore. Instead, you can mute the sounds for videos only. Follow the below steps to do so.
1. Open the Google Chrome browser on your phone.
2. Tap on the three-dots icon and select Settings.
3. Scroll down and tap on Site Settings.
4. Select Sound and turn off the toggle next to it to disable Sound for videos.
On Instagram Web for Chrome
Just like we have disabled the sound on the mobile browser, we can mute the sounds for videos only on the PC’s Chrome browser. Follow the below steps to do so.
1. Open Google Chrome on your system.
2. Tap on the three-dots icon at the top and select Settings.
3. Click on Privacy and Security from the sidebar.
4. On the next screen, tap on Site Settings.
5. Tap on Additional Content Settings and select Sound from the list.
6. Finally, select the checkbox for Don’t allow sites to play sound.
Disable Autoplay using Extension
You can easily disable the autoplay using an extension of the Chrome browser on your PC. Follow the below steps to do so.
1. Open the Chrome Web Store on your PC.
2. Search for the AutoplayStopper extension and open it or directly visit this link.
3. Click on Add to Chrome on the extension page.
4. On the pop-up window, tap on Add Extension.
5. Now, open instagram.com and log in to your account if you have not already.
6. Tap on the extension icon at the top and select AutoplayStopper and it will disable all the videos from playing automatically. You can also customize the extension settings by tapping on the extension on the Instagram website.
Conclusion: Stop Autoplay Videos on Instagram
So, these are the ways by which you can stop videos from automatically playing on Instagram. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
You May Also Like: