Snapchat Location History, Sharing Live Location with your friends or family on Snapchat, Cancel Live Location Sharing on Snapchat, How to Share Your Live Location with Friends on Snapchat –
Snapchat is a popular instant messaging app and service available for both Android and iOS devices. It is widely used and has millions of active users globally.
Users can now share their live location with their friends or family on the platform. The feature is now being rolled out to all users globally. Using this feature, users will be able to share their live location updates with friends for as long as 15 minutes and up to 8 hours.
So, if you want to know how you can share your live location with friends on Snapchat, read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to do so.
How to Share Your Live Location with Friends on Snapchat?
Previously, if a user wants to share their location on the platform, they have to share it with all their friends or with some select ones. However, this was not the live location so once they, move from that place, the new location cannot be shared automatically.
The new Temporary Live Location feature on Snapchat works similarly as we share our current location with our WhatsApp users.
It is worth noting that the feature is only available amongst friends individually which means that your current location will not be accessible to the whole Snapchat community and will be only shared with those you choose from the app. Further, you and your friend must first accept each other as Snapchat friends.
Here’s how you can share your live location with friends on Snapchat.
Share Live Location on Snapchat
- Open Snapchat and head to the user’s profile to whom you want to share your location.
- Scroll down, and you will see a Snap Map option.
- Click on Share My Live Location under Snap Map.
- Make sure you have given location permission to the app, otherwise, you will have to allow it.
- Apart from location permission, it will also ask for notification access so that it can send alerts about the location. Enable the notifications as well.
- The app will then display a pop-up message which informs you about the functionality.
- Now, choose a time duration from the given ones.
Done, your location will be shared with your friend in real-time. You can stop it anytime by clicking on the Stop Sharing option.
So, this way you can share your live location with friends or family on Snapchat. We hope that this article helped you in doing so.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.