Add a 30-sec reel on the Instagram story on Android or iOS, Why can’t I share full reels on the Instagram story, share reels on the Instagram story for more than 15 seconds, and Post reels on the Instagram story without posting on the feed iPhone, How To Share Full-Length Reel Video on Instagram Story –
Instagram is a popular photo and video-sharing social media platform. Back in 2020, Instagram introduced Reels on the platform, and it also lets users add reel videos to their stories.
Many times users are not able to add the full video to their story as the story limit is 15 seconds, so it only shows the first 15 seconds of the video. However, you can easily fix and share the full-length reel of your story.
So, if you are also one of those who want to share a full-length reel video on your Instagram story, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to do so.
How To Add Full-Length Reel Video on Your Instagram Story?
There is no official way to share reels of more than 15 seconds to your story as Instagram has some limitation that forces viewers to see complete reels within the Reels interface. However, there are some workarounds by which you can do it.
In this article, we have listed some ways by which you add a full-length reel to your Instagram Story. Read on to explore all the methods.
Using a Shortcut for iPhone
You can easily share a full reel of stories using a shortcut on your iPhone. Basically, the shortcut will quickly save reels to the Photos app on your device and then you can add them to Instagram stories. Here’s how you can do it.
- Install the Instagram Media Saver shortcut on your iPhone.
- Visit this link and then click on Add Shortcut button to install it.
- Head over to the reel you want to share.
- On the reel page, click on the three-dots icon and select Share to.
- Now, choose Instagram Media Saver on the Share page.
- Click OK on the pop-up banner and give all the necessary permissions.
- Done, it will save your video on the Photos app on your device.
- Once saved, open the Instagram app and go to add a new story page by swiping from left to right.
- On the create a story page, swipe up on the screen and choose the downloaded reel from the given ones.
- If the video is longer than the story duration, it will split into two clips or stories.
- Once you are done with editing, click on the Next button and share the story on your profile by clicking on Share.
Done, you have successfully shared the full-length reel on your Story.
Download the Reel from third-party websites
Another way to Share a Full-Length Reel Video on Instagram Story is to download the reel from a third-party website and then upload it to your story. Follow the steps to download and add it to your story.
- Open the Instagram App on your Android or iOS device.
- Open the Reel you want to share.
- Once opened, click on the three-dots icon and select Copy Link from the given options.
- Now, open a browser on your device, search for Download Instagram Reels then hit enter.
- Visit any of the websites from the listed ones or directly visit igram.io or instafinsta.com/reels
- Now, paste the copied link and click download.
- Again, click on the Download button (sometimes it will be download mp4).
- It will open the Reel video, here, click on three dots and select Download.
- Done, you have downloaded the reel video on your device.
- Once downloaded, open the Instagram and visit the add a story page.
- Swipe up and select the Reel you have downloaded.
- If the duration of the video is more than 15 seconds, it will automatically split into parts. Finally, click on the Share button to send it to your story.
Done, you have successfully shared a Full-Length Reel Video on your Instagram Story.
Conclusion: Add Full-Length Reel Video on Instagram Story
So, these are the ways by which you add full-length reel video to your Instagram story. We hope the article helped you in sharing the full reel video on your Instagram story.
Many users are not able to add the full reel to their story because Instagram has 15 seconds durations for stories, so if you share a reel it only shows the first 15 seconds of the video. However, we have listed the ways by which you can share the full-length reel.
Yes, you can post a reel on your story without posting it on your feed. To do so, you will have to download the reel and then share it with your story.
To post the full reel video on your Instagram Story on Android and iOS devices, you need to download it first. Follow the steps to do so.