Windows automatically turns off the screen after a few minutes (5 minutes in most cases) which is set by default. Many users wanted to change and set a different timeout on their Windows PC. In this read, you will learn how to set lock screen timeout in Windows 10 or 11.
How to Set Lock Screen Timeout in Windows 10 or 11?
There are many instances when we want to keep our computer’s screen awake for a long period or just want to change the time to a shorter duration to save the battery life of our PC. In this article, we have added the steps by which you can change and set lock screen timeout in Windows PC running on Windows 10 or 11.
Using Settings App
You can easily change the lock screen timeout using the settings app on your Windows 10 or 11 PC. Follow the below steps to do so.
1. Press the Win+I key to open the settings app.
2. Click on Personalization on the opened page.
3. On the next window, tap on the Lock Screen.
4. Scroll down and tap on Screen timeout settings or Screen timeout under Related settings.
5. Now, change the timers for the screen and sleep. The default is 5 minutes and 10 minutes, you can increase or decrease the timers as per your choice.
Using Control Panel
Follow the below steps to change and set the timeout using the Control Panel on your computer.
1. Press the Win+R key to open the Run window.
2. Type control then hit enter to open Control Panel.
3. Click on the drop-down menu next to View by.
4. Select Large icons or Small icons.
5. Tap on Power Options from the control panel settings.
6. Click on Change plan settings next to Balanced.
7. Here, change the time for Turn off the display and Put the computer to sleep options by tapping on the drop-down menu.
8. After changing it as per your choice, click on the Save button to apply these changes.
Conclusion: Set Lock Screen Timeout in Windows 10 or 11
So, these are the steps by which you can keep your screen awake by changing the lock screen timeout in Windows 10 or 11. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more related articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick & latest updates.
You May Also Like: