Download WhatsApp DP or Display Picture, Save WhatsApp DP Images, Download WhatsApp Profile Picture of a Contact, Save WhatsApp Display Pictures of contacts, How to Save or Download WhatsApp Profile Picture of a Contact –
WhatsApp is a popular instant messaging platform owned by Meta. Previously, there was an option to download profile pictures of contacts with one click. But later with an update, WhatsApp has removed the option to download or save or share profile pictures of others.
The company said that they removed the feature to add more privacy to profile pictures of its users from being stored or saved without their knowledge. This is a really good move by the company as it adds an extra layer to its user’s privacy.
However, some people want to download or save profile pictures of their contacts due to many reasons. So, if you are also one of those who want to save profile pictures of your contacts. Read the article till the end as we have listed some ways to download it to your device.
How to Download WhatsApp Profile Picture?
WhatsApp has removed the feature to download, save, and share the profile pictures of other contacts. Previously, it has a save option on the top-right side of the full image window of WhatsApp DP.
Here, we have added some ways to download or save WhatsApp profile pictures of your contacts. Just follow the step-by-step processor to save a WhatsApp DP on your device.
On PC or Laptop
Below are the steps to save or download a WhatsApp Display Picture (DP) on your laptop or PC.
- Open WhatsApp Web on any browser.
- You can directly visit: web.whatsapp.com
- Scan the QR code through mobile (open WhatsApp in mobile, tap three-dots menu >> Settings >> Linked Devices to scan QR).
- You have logged in to the web version of WhatsApp.
- Tap on the contact whose profile picture you want to download.
- Again, click on the profile picture at the top header.
- Now, it will open the profile description with image in the sidebar.
- Right click on the image and select Save image as.
- Now, save the image in your device.
Done, you have successfully downloaded the WhatsApp DP on your Laptop or PC.
On WhatsApp Mobile App
- Open WhatsApp on your device.
- Tap on contact whose DP you want to save.
- Click on the profile picture at the top.
- Enlarge the image in full size by clicking on it.
- Now, wait till the picture will load in the high-quality.
- Close the WhatsApp and open File Manager on your phone.
- Open the whatsapp folder in file manager.
- Go to Profle pictures directory (if not showing, enable hidden files from the File manager settings).
- Here, you will see all the DPs you have viewed.
- Click on the picture and save it to your phone.
Done, you have successfully saved the profile picture on your smartphone. However, the Profile picture folder may not show on all Android devices due to the company’s restrictions.
So, if you are not seeing this folder in the File Manager at all. Follow the below steps to download the DP.
- First of all, open WhatsApp on your device.
- Open the chat and click on the image.
- Tap on it to enlarge the image in full size.
- Once the image loaded, take the screenshot to save it.
- In many devices, you can take screenshot by pressing and holding (Power + Volume Down) button for 5 seconds.
- You can also take screenshot by clicking on the screenshot button placed in the notification bar or control center.
- Now, go to gallery and crop the image.
Conclusion: Download WhatsApp Profile Picture
So, these are the ways by which you can save WhatsApp DP (Display Picture) on your device. We hope this helps you in downloading the profile pictures.
If you like the article and it helps you in downloading the DPs, share it with your friends and family. Further, if you have any questions, do let us know in the comments below.