What happens when you restrict someone on messenger, messenger restricted list, How to Restrict or Unrestrict Someone on Messenger –
Messenger is a popular instant messaging app and service developed by Meta. Messenger is connected to Facebook, and users will have to log in to their Facebook account in order to sign in and use Messenger.
These days, users want to restrict or unrestrict other users on Messenger. However, restricting or unrestricting someone on Messenger is different than doing the same thing on Facebook.
So, if you are also one of those who want to unrestrict someone on Messenger, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to do so.
How to Restrict or Unrestrict Someone on Messenger?
If you want to see less from a user and also don’t want to block them on the platform then you can restrict them. Also, when you restrict someone, it will not notify the user that you have restricted them.
If you are using Facebook on your PC and want to restrict someone on the platform, here’s how you can do it.
- Open a web browser on your PC.
- Visit facebook.com on a web browser.
- Log in to your account if you have not already.
- Click on the downwards arrow icon next to the notifications icon.
- Choose Settings & Privacy then tap on Settings.
- Click on Blocking from the left sidebar.
- Here, you will see a Restricted List.
- Tap on the Edit button next to the Restricted List.
- Click on Add to Restricted List to add more users.
- If you want to Unrestrict someone, then tap on Unrestrict.
On Mobile App
If you want to restrict or unrestrict someone from the mobile app of Messenger, follow the below steps.
- Open the Messenger App on your device.
- Head over to the chat you want to restrict and tap to open the chat.
- Click on the ‘i’ icon in the menu.
- Tap on the Restrict under the Privacy section.
Done, you have successfully restricted the person you want to be. Now, if you want to unrestrict the users you have restricted previously then follow the below steps.
- Open the Messenger App on your phone.
- Tap on your profile picture.
- Click on Privacy from the given options.
- Tap on Restricted Accounts and it will open the list of users you have restricted.
- Select the user and tap on the ‘i’ icon then choose Unrestrict.
Conclusion: Restrict or Unrestrict Someone on Messenger
So, these are the ways by which you can restrict or unrestrict a user on Facebook Messenger. We hope the article helped you in guiding how you can restrict or unrestrict someone on the platform.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.
When you restrict someone on the platform, they will not be able to send you messages. However, they are still your friends on Facebook, and you will still see their posts and stories on the platform.
No, when you restrict someone on the platform, they will not get a notification that you have restricted them.
Yes, you can easily unrestrict someone from the mobile app or from the computer through the Facebook website.
You May Also Like:
How to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages?
How to Bulk Delete Posts on Facebook?