How to retrieve old Facebook Posts, How to Recover deleted Facebook Posts, Restore Deleted Posts on Facebook, How can I recover posts that were deleted accidentally –
Facebook is known for posting photos, videos, and even Stories on the platform. Sharing posts on the platform is very common among users and they do share posts on the regular basis.
However, many times, users delete their posts accidentally which they don’t want to do. Don’t worry, we are here to help you.
So, if you are also one of those who want to restore your deleted posts on Facebook, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to do so.
How to Recover Your Deleted Posts on Facebook?
Facebook has a feature by which you can recover their deleted posts on the platform. However, you can recover posts that are up to 30 days old as Facebook deletes posts permanently after 30 days.
On Facebook App
The steps to restore deleted Posts on the mobile app of Facebook is very easy and simple for both Android and iOS devices. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Facebook App on your Android or iPhone.
- Click on the three lines (or hamburger menu) next to the notifications icon.
- Navigate to the Settings (click on the gear icon or scroll down and choose Security & Privacy to access Settings).
- Click on Activity Log Under Your Information section.
- Here, click on the Trash or Recycle Bin button to see your deleted Posts.
- Now, select the post you want to recover and click Restore to recover it.
If you are using Facebook on your PC via a web browser, you can also recover deleted posts, here’s how you can do it.
- Open a web browser and visit facebook.com on your PC.
- Log in to your account if you have not already.
- Click on the down arrow at the top right side next to the notifications icon.
- Tap on Settings & Privacy and select Settings.
- Click on Your Facebook Information and tap on View next to Activity Log (You can also activity log under Settings & Privacy directly).
- Tap on Recycle Bin at the bottom of the left sidebar and it will open all the deleted posts.
- Select the post you want to restore and tap Restore to recover it.
Download Your Information
If your deleted posts are older than 30 days, then the platform does not allow you to restore them. However, there is a workaround by which you can view it. Here’s how you can download your information.
- Open facebook.com on a web browser.
- Navigate to Settings & Privacy >> Settings >> Your Facebook Information.
- Click on the View next to the Download Your Information option.
- Choose the format as HTML, select media quality, and data range. Also, tick the checkbox next to Posts.
- Once done, click on the Request a Download button to download your data.
- Wait for some time and click on the Download button once it prepared the report.
- Once downloaded, extract the zip file then open the folder and navigate to the trash file to view your deleted posts.
Conclusion: Restore Deleted Posts on Facebook
So, these are the ways by which you can recover your deleted posts on Facebook. We hope the article helped you in restoring the posts that you have deleted accidentally on the platform.
You can easily recover the posts on Facebook. To do so, open Facebook >> Settings >> Activity Log >> Tap on Trash >> Choose the post you want to recover >> Finally, tap on Restore.
When you delete the posts you shared on Facebook, it remains in the recently deleted folder for up to 30 days. After 30 days, it’s permanently deleted from Facebook servers and backup systems, so you can not retrieve this deleted content.
Yes, you can easily restore the posts that you have deleted accidentally on Facebook. To do so, follow the steps mentioned here in the article.