Password reset disk Windows 11, Forgot Windows 11 Password local account, Windows Password Recovery tool, reset Windows 11 Password Command Prompt or cmd, How to Reset Windows 11 password without logging in, How to Reset Your Windows 11 Password –
Windows 11 is the latest major release of the Windows Operating System that was released in 2021. It comes as the successor to Windows 10 which was released back in 2015.
Many times, we forget the password of our system as either we totally forgot it or we are using an old Windows PC. Hopefully, you can reset your Windows 11 password easily if you have forgotten it.
So, if you are also one of those who want to reset your Windows 11 password, read the article till the end as here we have listed the step-by-step guide to do so.
How to Reset Your Windows 11 Password?
In this article, we have added some methods to reset your Windows 11 system password and you don’t even need a USB bootable drive to reset it. Check the methods one by one to see which one works best for you.
By Modifying System Files in Windows 11
- Once you are on the Password entering window, press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard.
- Hold the Shift key and click on Restart from the bottom-right side (you can select the restart option by clicking on the power icon on the bottom-right side).
- Here, click on the Troubleshoot from the given options.
- Tap on Advanced Options then click on See More Recovery options.
- Now, tap on System Image Recovery.
- Here, a pop-up window will occur. Click on the Cancel and then tap Next.
- Tap on Advanced and choose to Install a driver then click OK.
- It will open a file browser. Tap on the drop-down next to Look in and select This PC.
- Now, select the drive in which you have installed Windows.
- Under the drive, click on Windows and then go to the System32 folder.
- Here, you will see a Utilman file.
- Rename Utilman to Utilman1 and save it.
- Now, here you will also see cmd. Rename cmd to Utilman.
- After that, keep clicking on Cancel and move back to Advanced Options then click on Continue and it will take you to the Windows 11 lock screen.
- Here, click on the Accessibility icon before the Power icon.
- It will open the Command Prompt as we have renamed cmd to Utilman.
- In the CMD window, type net user and hit enter. After then note the account name right-after administration.
- Now, type the net user account password (here replace the account with the account name you have noted previously and replace the password with the custom password you want to enter).
Done, you have successfully reset the password of your Windows 11 system. After that, close the CMD window and start your system and enter the password with password you have chosen.
Using Microsoft Account
If you linked your Windows 11 PC to a Microsoft account, you can easily change your current password through the Microsoft website. Here’s how you can do it.
- First of all, open Microsoft’s password recovery page on a web browser on any computer or mobile.
- Enter your email, phone, or skype name and It will then ask you to verify your identity using a security code.
- Enter the security code then create a new password on your system.
- Finally, log in to your Windows 11 PC with the password you have created previously.
Conclusion: Reset Your Windows 11 Password
So, these are the ways by which you can reset your forgotten Windows 11 password. We hope the article helped in resetting and creating a new password for your system.
Yes, you can easily recover or reset your password if you have forgotten it. We have listed some ways to do so. You can also do it through Microsoft’s Password Recovery. To do so, visit the Microsoft Recovery website, enter your username or email then send the security code then create a new password.
Yes, you can easily reset it without using a USB drive. We have listed some methods in the article to do so. Follow the step-by-step guide to do so.