Reset Network Settings iOS or iPadOS, Unable to Join network after reset, Is it safe to reset network settings, Not able to use the Internet even connecting to Wi-Fi, How to Reset Network Settings on iPhone or iPad –
Many times, we are not able to use the data or access the internet even while we are connected to the Internet on our iPhone or iPad.
In this case, you need to reset the network settings of the iPhone or iPad. Network settings control the way your device connects to Wi-Fi and cellular networks and other devices including Bluetooth and VPNs.
So, if you are also not able to use the internet while connecting to a stable internet connection, read the article till the end as we have listed the ways to reset network settings on your iPhone.
How to Reset Network Settings on iPhone or iPad?
When you reset the network settings of your device, the configurations of networks return to the default. Once you reset network settings, you will need to reconfigure the Wi-Fi and VPN settings.
However, there are also some troubleshooting steps that a user can try before actually resetting network settings. They are easier than resetting your network, and they often solve the problem.
For example, restarting your device, turning the Airplane mode on and off, re-inserting the SIM card, or trying to manually connect to a Wi-Fi network may help to fix any connection problems. Here are some of the fixes that you can try.
Turn on Airplane Mode
Turning on and off Airplane Mode on your device may help you to fix the problem. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Settings on your device.
- Turn on the toggle for Airplane Mode.
- Wait for a minute or more and then turn off the toggle for Airplane Mode.
Check if your connections work or not.
Power Off and Power On
If turning on Airplane Mode does not work for you, you can check after powering off your iPhone or iPad. Here’s how you can do it.
- Hold the Power button on your device for a few seconds (on some iPhones, you need to hold down the Power and volume button simultaneously to turn it off).
- After holding, move the slider to power off the device.
- Wait for a few seconds and then hold down the power button to turn your iPhone on.
Check if your connections work or not.
Reconnect to Wi-Fi Network
If you are connected to a Wi-Fi network and still facing the issue, you need to remove the Wi-Fi network and reconnect it. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click on the Wi-Fi and here you will see the network device to which you are connected.
- Click on the ‘i’ icon next to the network name.
- Here, tap on Forget This Network and confirm it by tapping Forget.
- It will disconnect you from the network and returns you to the available network screen.
- Click on the name of the network you want to connect to.
Check if your connections work or not. If none of these steps help, resetting network settings is usually the best way to fix the problem.
Reset Network Settings on iPhone
If network connection problems still persist, we have listed the steps to reset the network settings on your iPhone. The process of resetting network settings is slightly different depending on whether the iOS version running on the device. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Settings App on your device.
- Go to General then scroll down and select Reset.
- Click on Reset Network Settings.
- Enter the password if asked.
- Finally, confirm it by tapping Reset Network Settings.
Done, your network settings reset to the default. Now, restart your device. Once restarted, you need to rejoin the Wi-Fi networks.
Conclusion: Reset Network Settings on iPhone or iPad
So, these are all the ways to fix network connection problems by resetting network settings or other methods. We hope the article helped you in fixing the issue.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.
As per Apple, when you reset network settings, previously used networks and VPN settings are removed and configurations reset to the default which helps you in fixing the error.
Network settings reset will erase all the internet and network-related data stored on your device whether it’s iPhone or iPad.