Remove Followers on Twitter, Remove Unwanted Followers on Twitter, How to Remove Followers on Twitter, Remove Followers on Twitter without Blocking them –
Twitter is a popular social networking platform. Anyone on Twitter can view or see others’ tweets or post on the platform. Sometimes, people want to hide their tweets from some people.
However, they don’t want to block them because of some reason. So, Twitter has introduced a way by which anyone can remove their followers on the platform.
If you want to know how you can do it easily on the platform, read the article till the end.
Remove Followers on Twitter
Twitter has officially rolled out a feature in which users can soft block and remove certain followers to prevent them from seeing your tweets. Here’s how you can remove followers on Twitter without blocking them.
Using ‘Remove this Follower’ option
Twitter previously rolled out the option to remove followers on the platform. However, this feature is available only on the Twitter website as of now. It is very similar to Instagram.
- First of all, open the Twitter website on your browser.
- Log in to your account in which you want to remove followers.
- Now, click on the Profile option in the left sidebar.
- Here, click on the Followers to open the list of your followers.
- You will see three-dots placed at the end of every follower.
- Click on three-dots and then select Remove this follower which you want to remove.
- Now, tap on Remove again to confirm.
If you remove a follower, they can also follow your account again which you can not prevent. But if you protect your tweets, you need to approve every new follow request. If you want to protect your tweets, here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Twitter app on your device.
- Click on profile picture in the home screen (on browser, select More option).
- Select Settings and Privacy
- Now, select Privacy and Safety.
- Here, turn on the Protect your Tweets option.
- On web browser, select Audience and Tagging, then select Protect your Tweets option.
Done, you have successfully made your account private, and from now you manually need to approve any followers before they can see your Tweets.
Remove follower on Twitter
There is another way to remove followers is to block the user without letting them know. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the profile of the follower for the follower you want to remove.
- Click on three-dots at the top, and click on Block.
- Here, click on Confirm to Block.
- Now, click on Blocked option.
- Tap on Yes to unlock them.
- Done, the user is removed from your followers list without getting notified.
However, the user can follow you again and see your tweets by checking out your profile manually. They can also send you direct messages on Twitter.
So, these are the two ways by which you can remove your followers on Twitter without blocking them. You can use any one method from the given ones. Both methods will help you to remove followers.
If you have any questions regarding the article, do let us know in the comments below. Further, if you like the article and think it will be helpful for others, share it with your friends and family.