Google Authenticator on a new phone if lost old phone, Open Google authenticator on the new phone without an old phone, Google Authenticator Backup codes, Transfer Authenticator codes to another device, How to Recover Your Google Authenticator Account Codes –
Google Authenticator is a software-based Authenticator by Google that implements two-step verification services for authenticating users of software applications.
Sometimes, users have lost their Authenticator account as either they have lost their phone or completed a factory reset of their phone. Now, they want to recover their Authenticator account codes on their device.
So, if you are also one of those who want to recover your Google Authenticator Account codes, read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to recover codes for your device.
How to Recover Your Google Authenticator Account Codes?
You can easily import all the codes of your Authenticator and can recover your Google Authenticator account. Below are the step-by-step procedure for recovering the account.
Recover Google Authenticator if you don’t have old phone
If you have lost your previous or old smartphone, you can easily recover your account from the settings. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open myaccount.google.com and log in to your account if you have not already.
- To log in, click on the profile icon at the top and select Add another account or Manage accounts to add an account.
- Enter your email address and password to log in to your account.
- Now, click on Security or directly visit myaccount.google.com/security
- Here, you will see all the security settings.
- Click on the 2-step verification from the given options.
- Enter your password to verify your identity.
- Click Next to proceed to the 2-Step verification page.
- In the next page, you will see a Change Phone section.
- Tap on the Change Phone if you want to recover your Authenticator account.
- Now, a Get Codes from the Authenticator app window will open.
- Here, select the type of your phone from Android or iPhone.
- After selecting, click on the Next button to proceed.
- Now, you will see a Set up Authenticator page with a QR code that you have to scan.
To set up Authenticator on your Android or iOS device, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Open Play Store or App Store on your device.
- Search for Google Authenticator and hit enter.
- Now, download the Authenticator app on your device.
- Once installed, open the application.
- Click on the Get Started option and select Scan a QR Code.
- Finally, scan the QR code which you got previosuly.
- After, you have scanned the code, you will see a 6-digit code.
- Enter the code and click Verify.
Done, you have successfully recovered your Google Authenticator account on your device with all of your previous codes.
Export Account if you have old phone
If you have access to your old phone and want to shift your account to a new device, you can easily do it. Here’s how you can transfer accounts from one device to another.
- Open Google Authenticator on your old device.
- Click on the three-dots and select transfer accounts.
- Now, click on the Export accounts and select all the account then click Next.
- Download Google Authenticator on the new device.
- Open the App and click on Scan a QR Code.
- Now, scan the QR code on your new device.
Done, your account will be imported to your new device. Finally, remove exported accounts from your old device for security purposes.
Conclusion: Recover Your Google Authenticator Account
So, these are the ways by which you can recover or export your Google Authenticator account to a new device. We hope the article helps you in recovering the account.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.
You can easily recover your Google Authenticator codes if you have lost your smartphone. To do so, log in to your Google account >> Security >> Select Change Phone >> Scan the QR Code >> Enter the 6-digit code. Done, you have successfully recovered your account codes.
Yes, you can easily transfer your Authenticator account to a new phone if you have two smartphones. To do so, you have to export them via a QR code generated by the application.