Protect PDF with Password, Password Protect a PDF file for free, Encrypt PDF File Online, How to password protect a PDF in Adobe Reader Free, Encrypt PDF Document for free on PC and Android, How to Protect PDF Files with Password for free on PC and Android –
PDFs are one of the best and widely used file formats. People use PDF (Portable Document Format) when they need to save files that cannot be modified but still people need them to be easily shared and printed.
While using many peoples want to encrypt it with a password to prevent it from unauthorized access. Hopefully, there are ways by which you can do it.
If you are also one of those who want to protect your PDF files with a password for free, read the article till the end as we have listed all the methods to protect PDF files.
How to Protect PDF Files with Password for free?
Using MS Word’s In-built tools in PC
You can easily create and secure a PDF file using Microsoft’s in-built features that are pre-installed on every Windows laptop or computer. With the help of MS Word, you can easily create a PDF file and encrypt it with a password without installing any software.
We have listed all the steps to protect your PDF file with a password for free using Microsoft Word. Below are the steps for doing it.
- Search Office in the search bar and open Office app on your device.
- Select Word from the sidebar.
- Alternatively, you can directly open the Word app.
- Click on Create a blank document file or New Blank Document.
- Now, enter your desired data you want to protect with password.
- Click on the File button at the top left side and select Save As.
- Choose your destination and click on Save as Type topion.
- Select PDF in the drop down list of Save as Type option.
- After selecting the format, click on Options button.
- Here, check the tickmark for Encrypt the document with a password and click OK.
- Now, enter the password and confirm it then click OK. (Password must be between 6 to 32 characters in length)
- Finally, click on Save button to save the encrypted PDF file.
Using Adobe Acrobat website
Adobe Acrobat is also one of the best websites to protect your PDF files with a password. You can encrypt your file on your smartphone as well as on a PC. Below is the step-by-step process to protect PDF with a password.
- Open Adobe Acrobat Password Protector website on any browser.
- Click on the Select a File option and select a PDF file you want to protect.
- After selecting, enter a password and confirm it.
- After entering the password, click on Set Password.
- Now, click on the Download to save the file in your device.
Done, your PDF file has been successfully protected with a password.
Protect PDF with Password using other websites
There are hundreds of websites for encrypting a PDF file with a password. You can protect a PDF file through any of the websites. We have listed some best websites to protect a PDF file.
- SmallPDF (URL: smallpdf.com/protect-pdf)
- SodaPDF (URL: sodapdf.com/password-protect-pdf/)
- ilovePDF (URL: ilovepdf.com/protect-pdf)
Go to any of the websites mentioned above, and select a PDF file from your device. After that enter your desired password and download the file with encryption.
Protect PDF with Password on macOS
You can protect PDF with passwords on Mac with the websites and tools we mentioned above. However, macOS also has a built-in feature to encrypt PDF files without any third-party tool.
Here, we have listed the step-by-step process for encrypting a PDF file with a password on a Mac device.
- Open the PDF file in the Preview which you want to encrypt.
- Click on the File and then select Export as PDF.
- Choose the desired location.
- Tick the checkbox for Encrypt (if Encrypt is not showing, select Show Details at the bottom).
- Now, enter the password and verify it.
- Finally, click Save to download the encrypted PDF.
Conclusion: Protect PDF Files with Password
So, these are the ways by which you can Protect PDF Files with Passwords for free on PC and Android. We hope this helps you in encrypting a PDF file with a password.
If you like the article and it helps you in protecting a PDF file, share it with your friends and family. Further, if you have any questions, do let us know in the comments below.