Instagram owned by Facebook is a popular social media platform and is primarily a phone-based app. However, some people used Instagram on their laptops or computer, and want to post from their desktop.
Hence, Instagram has rolled out a new feature by which users can upload their media files through the web browser of their laptop or computer.
Previously, users had to rely on third-party apps or websites for uploading the media files from desktop on Instagram. But now you can directly post from your desktop. You don’t need any third-party application, unnecessary services, extensions, and even no more Inspecting the browser settings.
Post from Desktop on Instagram
People are waiting for this update for a long time. However, this feature is rolling out in groups and will soon roll out for all the users. So, wait for a few weeks if you don’t get the feature till now.
To check if the feature is available for you or not, go to the Instagram website (instagram.com), and if you see a ‘+’ icon right after the DMs icon. If you have the icon, it means the post from the desktop feature is available on your system.
If it’s not available then you will have to wait for some weeks to get the feature. So, now if you have the feature, here’s how you can post through your laptop or computer.
- Open an Internet Browser on your laptop or computer.
- Go to the official Instagram website (Instagram.com).
- Log in to your Instagram account by entering your username and password.
- Now, here you will see a ‘+’ icon on the header right after the DMs icon.
- Click on the ‘+’ icon.
- A popup will occur, wherein you will either ‘Select the media from Computer’ or ‘Drag and Drop the media’ that you want to upload.
- You can also select multiple media files and choose size from surfaced options.
- Edit the media files as per your choice using filters and adjustments.
- You can adjust contrast, brightness, face, etc. from the edit option.
- In the next screen, you can add your captions, hashtags, and location if you want.
- In the same screen, you can also tag people in the post by clicking on the media file.
- After you are done with editing, click on ‘Share’ button to publish the post.
- Now, refresh the page and the post will appear on your timeline.
This is how you can make your post on Instagram from your computer or laptop.
So, if you have any questions regarding the article, do let us know in the comments below. Further, if you like the article and think it will be helpful for others, share it with your friends and family.