Set Chrome as default, how to set google chrome as the default browser in windows OS, how to set default browser windows 11, How to Make Chrome as a Default Browser in Windows 11 –
Windows 11 is the latest major release of the Windows Operating System that was released in 2021. The latest release is the successor to Windows 10 which was released back in 2015.
If you have updated your desktop or laptop’s OS to Windows 11, you may have noticed that whenever you open a link or file, it will redirect you to Microsoft’s Edge browser. Many users don’t like the Edge browser as they become used to Chrome and they want to make Chrome their default browser.
However, changing the default browser in Windows 11 is a bit more complicated than the Windows. But don’t worry, we have covered the step-by-step guide to doing so.
So, if you are one of those who want to change it on your Windows 11 system, you just need to read the article till the end as we have covered all the steps.
How to Change the Default Web Browser in Windows 11?
In this article, we have listed the step-by-step process to change the default browser of your PC. But Before doing so, make sure that you have installed a browser different from Edge.
The process will remain the same for all the web browsers available in the market. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Settings App on your system or press the Windows+I key on the keyboard to open it.
- Select Apps from the sidebar and tap on Default Apps from the given options.
- Alternatively, you can directly open the Default Apps from the search box. To do so, press the Windows key and type Default Apps in the search box then tap to open it.
- Here, select or search the browser you want to make the default.
- After finding the browser of your choice, tap on it.
- Click on the Set default option next to the Make your default browser option at the top if you are seeing it.
- Now, you will need to manually change the extenstions and file types including .html, .pdf, .shtml, .svg, and more.
- To change it, tap on the specific file type or link type and choose Chrome from the given options and finally click on the OK button.
- After changing all the files or extensions, restart your system.
So, this is the way to change or Make Chrome a Default Browser on your PC running on Windows 11. We hope the article helped you in doing so.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.
You can easily set Google Chrome as the default browser in the latest Windows 11 through Settings. To do so, navigate to Settings >> Default Apps >> Choose Chrome and make it default.
Microsoft Edge is the default browser in the latest Windows 11. However, you can change the default browser to any other web browser if you want to do so.
Yes, you can easily change the default browser on your PC. To do so, you need to go to Settings >> Default Apps >> Select the web browser you want to make as default on your desktop or laptop.