Snapchat Private Story, How to make a Private Snapchat Story without letting them know, How to see who joined your private story on Snapchat –
Snapchat is one of the popular instant messaging apps and services available for both Android and iOS devices. It is a widely used platform and has millions of active users around the world.
Many times, we want to share a story with a group of people but don’t know how we can do it even though the platform has an option by which you can control who views your content. Don’t worry, in this article we got you covered how you can create a private story on Snapchat.
So, if you are also one of those who want to make a private Snapchat story, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to do so.
How to Create a Private Story on Snapchat?
Private Stories are different from the normal stories which we created most of the time. The Normal story is shared publicly and is viewable by all your friends on the platform. On the other hand, Private Story will only be viewed by the friends you choose.
Now, we have seen the difference between a normal story and a private story. Let’s see how we can create it.
From the Snap Tab
You can easily create a private story from the snap tab. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Snapchat app on your Android or iOS device.
- Take a photo or video from the Snap tab.
- Click on Send To button placed on the bottom-right side.
- Choose Private Story from the top-right side.
- Now, select the friends or people to whom you want to show your private story.
- After that, click on Create Story button at the bottom.
- Finally, rename the story and then tap on the Save button.
- Now, click on the private story you have created now and tap on the send button.
Done, you have successfully created a private story for your account.
From Your Profile
You can also create a private story from your profile. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open Snapchat on your device and click on your profile picture on the top of the screen.
- Here, you will see the My Stories section, tap on the + Private Story next to it.
- Select the contacts or your friends with whom you would like to share your Story and assign a name to the Story then click on the Save button.
- Now, a new story category will be created under My Stories. Click on the Add to XYZ (where XYZ is the name which you have assigned previously).
- Finally, take the picture or video and then tap on the Send button to add it.
Done, you have successfully created a private story on your account. It will show up in your My Stories section from where you can edit it if you want.
Edit and Delete Private Story
Now, we have seen how we can make a private story what if you wished to edit or deleted the story. Don’t worry, we have also included the steps to do so, you just need to follow the below-mentioned steps.
Open Snapchat on your device and head to your profile screen by clicking on your profile picture at the top.
- Under the My Stories section, you will see your Private Story.
- Click on the three-dots icon next to your story.
- From here, you can add friends under the See Viewers options.
- You can also delete the story by clicking on the Delete Story option and again tap on Delete when prompted.
Conclusion: Make a Private Snapchat Story
So, these are the ways to make a private story on Snapchat. The application gives you control over who sees your content on the platform, so start applying what you have learned in the article. We hope the article helped you in creating, editing, and deleting a private story on the platform.
No, not every person in your contacts list will know you have created a private story. Only the people you added to your private Snapchat story will know about its existence. People you have added to your story can see your private stories by clicking on stories with a lock icon at the bottom of the purple ring.
You can easily leave all the private stories. To do so, long-press the person’s Private Story and click on Leave Story to leave it. Snapchat will not notify the user that you have left the Story, but eventually, they will know when they don’t see your name in their viewer list.
Yes, you can easily add more friends or users to your existing private story. To do so, head over to your profile page and click on the three-dots icon next to the private story then choose See Viewers, and click on add more people to the private story from your contacts list.
To view who viewed your private story, head over to your profile page and click on three dots next to the story, and tap on See Viewers to view you joined your story.