If you’re a citizen of India, then you know the importance of a PAN and Aadhaar Card. Linking your Aadhaar with PAN card has been made mandatory by the Government of India.
Government increased the date for linking PAN and Aadhaar to 31st June. This means the citizens would need to link their PAN Card with Aadhaar before that date.
Now one may ask, if he/she doesn’t link their PAN with Aadhaar, then what could be the result for the same? So, as per the Finance Bill 2021, if someone doesn’t link their Aadhar Card with PAN Card, they will be liable to pay a penalty of Rs 1000.
It is better to link rather than paying the Penalty later, but not a lot of people know about the online method of linking their PAN with Aadhaar. .
So if you have not done this as of now, you can check these easy ways to link PAN card with Aadhar card. Here’s the step-by-step guide for linking PAN Aadhaar.
Link your PAN Card with Aadhaar
The IT department has made it quite easy for taxpayers to link their PAN cards with Aadhaar. You can do this with a simple online process or by sending an SMS via your registered number.
Here’s how anyone can link their Aadhaar with their PAN card.
You can Link your PAN with Aadhaar through SMS easily by following the simple steps mentioned below.
- Firstly, SMS to 567678 or 56161 through your registered mobile number.
- The format of the SMS should be-
- UIDPAN<12 Digit Aadhaar Number><10 Digit PAN>
- Users can take the SMS as an example that is mentioned below-
- UIDPAN 100023456789 XXYZ0123X
You can do this through official Website easily by following the simple steps mentioned below.
- Go to incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and make an account for yourself.
- Now, fill your PAN Card details and Aadhaar Card details too.
- Fill the name same as the Aadhaar Card and also mention birth details.
- Complete the CAPTCHA and tick mark the box mentioned below.
- Finally, Click on the Link Aadhaar button.
Check PAN with Aadhar link status
You can check the status of your linking by going to the official website. You just need to enter your PAN Card number and also your Aadhar Card number.
A new page will open up and display the status of your Aadhaar and PAN linking. Which will then check the status and give it to you for a better overview.