Wondering how to Hide WhatsApp Online Status From Some Contacts, How Can I Hide Online on WhatsApp for One Person, Hide Online Indicator while using the app –
WhatsApp is a popular cross-platform centralized instant messaging service owned by Meta (formerly known as Facebook). It is a widely used platform and has millions of active users around the world.
While using WhatsApp for sending some urgent documents, or chatting with your closest friends or family members, the platform has an option that shows the online status of a user.
However, many times we need to go invisible on the platform or just don’t want to show our online status. Hopefully, there are ways by which you can do it.
So, if you are also one of those who want to hide WhatsApp Online Status from Some Specific Contacts, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to do so.
How to Hide WhatsApp Online Status From Some Contacts?
WhatsApp also officially added a feature by which users can hide their online presence. In this article, we have added some best ways by which you can hide your Online Status from some specific contacts.
From App’s Settings
WhatsApp has rolled out a new feature that allows users to control their online presence among contacts on the platform. After the update, users can easily hide their online status from some specific contacts. Follow the below steps to do so on your Android and iOS device.
- First of all, update the WhatsApp app from App Store.
- Once updated, open the app and click on Settings.
- Choose Account then select Privacy from the given options.
- Here, tap on Last Seen and Online option under Who can see my personal info.
- Click on My Contacts Except under Who can see my Last Seen and select the contacts with which you want to hide your online status.
- Now, select Same as Last Seen under Who can see when I’m online.
- Finally, click on Done to apply these changes.
Note: If you can’t find the new “Last Seen and Online” privacy setting under Privacy on your account then you need to wait until the update comes to your account via the app update.
- First of all, make sure that you have updated the WhatsApp app from Google Play Store to the latest version.
- After updating, open WhatsApp and click on the three dots icon at the top then select Settings.
- Tap on Account and choose Privacy.
- Here, you will see Last Seen and Online option, tap on it.
- Now, click on My Contacts Except under Who can see my Last Seen and select all contacts with which you want to hide your online status.
- Select Same as Last Seen under Who can see when I’m online.
- Click on the Continue button to apply these changes to your account.
Block Contact to Hide Online Status
You can also hide your online status from some specific contacts by blocking the contact on WhatsApp. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the WhatsApp app on your device.
- Head over and open the person’s chat you want to hide.
- Click on the three-dots icon at the top and tap on More.
- Tap on Block button and confirm it by tapping on Block.
Done, you have successfully blocked the user and now they will not be able to see your online status on WhatsApp.
Delete the Contact to Hide Online Status
You can also hide your online status from specific contacts by deleting the contact from your address book and setting the WhatsApp visibility to contacts only. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the WhatsApp app on your Android or iOS device.
- Go to Settings (if you are using an Android device, click on the three dots icon then select Settings).
- Choose Account and tap on Privacy.
- Now, set Last seen, Profile Photo, About, and Status to My Contacts only.
Now, only contacts who are saved in your phone book will be able to see your WhatsApp online status. Hence, you need to make sure that the user with which you want to hide your status is not added to the Address Book.
So, these are the ways by which you can hide your WhatsApp Online Status from some contacts. We hope the article helped you in hiding the online presence from specific contacts on the platform.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.