How to hide all stories on Facebook Meta, If I hide the story will the person know, Restric Who can see or view my story, How to Hide Story from Someone on Facebook –
Facebook is one of the popular social media platforms owned by Meta (formerly known as Facebook Inc). It is a widely used platform and has millions of active users worldwide.
Many times, we share stories on the platform but sometimes we don’t want to share them with all of our Facebook friends. Hopefully, there are ways by which you can hide stories from some specific users on Facebook.
So, if you are also one of those who want to hide a story from someone on Facebook, read the article till the end as we have listed the ways to do so.
How to Hide Story from Someone on Facebook?
Facebook has an option to hide stories from specific users and we have listed the step-by-step guide for the same. Follow the steps mentioned in the article.
Hide Facebook Story From Someone
You can easily hide your Facebook Stories from someone on the platform. To do so, you need to change the settings, here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Facebook App on your device.
- Click on the three lines (or hamburger menu) next to the notification icon.
- Scroll down and tap on Settings & Privacy then choose Settings.
- Click on the Stories under the Audience and Visibility section.
- Tap on Story Privacy from the given options.
- Choose Hide Story from.
- Select the users from which you want to hide your stories then click on the Save button.
Now, whenever you upload a new story on the platform, friends you have selected will not be able to see your stories.
Alternatively, you can also hide a story from someone at the time of creating it. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open Facebook on your device.
- Tap on the Create Story option on the homepage.
- Click on the Settings icon then select Hide Story from.
- Now, select the users from which you want to hide your story.
- Finally, publish the story and it will not show to people you have selected.
Share Your Story with Specific Friends
If you want to share your story with a specific group of people, then you can do it by tweaking the settings while creating a story. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Facebook App on your device.
- Click on Create Story on your Facebook feed page.
- Tap on the Settings icon and open the Story privacy.
- Here, click on Custom and select all the friends to whom you want to share your story.
- Finally, share the story.
Done, you have successfully shared a story with specific friends and it will be invisible to everyone else.
Further, turn off the toggle for Always share to Instagram otherwise your story will be visible to all your Instagram followers.
Unhide Story From Someone
If you want to unhide your stories from someone, here’s how you can do it by changing the settings.
- Open Facebook and click on Create Story from the homepage.
- Tap on the Settings icon and select Hide Story from.
- Deselect the friends or tap on the cross (x) icon on the friend’s name to remove it.
- Finally, click on the done to save the settings and it will unhide your story from friend you have selected.
Conclusion: Hide Story from Someone on Facebook
So, these are the ways to hide your Facebook story from someone. You can either hide your story from some friends or share it with some specific friends. We hope the article helped you in doing so.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.
No, your friends will not get any notification when you hide your story from them. However, your friends can make a guess when they don’t see your story for a long time but they will not get notified about that.
Yes, as you are only hiding your stories from friends. It means, they will still see your posts, profile pictures, and other details on the platform.
You can easily unhide a story from a friend via settings. To do so, open the Facebook >> Tap on the Create Story option >> Click on the Settings icon >> Select Hide Story from >> Remove the friend which you want >> Tap on Done to save it.
Your current stories remain unaffected by the change. Only those stories will be hidden which you publish after changing the settings on your account.