How to Hide Last Seen from Some People on WhatsApp, Stop Specific Contacts from viewing your online status on Meta’s instant messaging service –
WhatsApp is a popular instant messaging platform owned by Meta (formerly known as Facebook). It is a widely used messaging app and has millions of active users around the world.
Just like other social media apps, WhatsApp shows the last seen status of every user on the platform by default if it’s not set to private. However, many times, users don’t want to share their last seen with all the contacts on the platform.
So, if you are also one of those who want to hide your last seen status from some contacts, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to do so.
How to Hide Last Seen from Some People on WhatsApp?
WhatsApp officially introduced a feature by which you can customize your last seen status visibility from your Android and iOS devices. Also, there is a workaround by which you can do it.
From WhatsApp’s Settings
After the latest update, you can easily hide your last seen online status from specific contacts. Follow the below to do so on your Android and iOS device.
- Update the WhatsApp application from Play Store or App Store.
- Once updated, open the app and navigate to Settings (on Android, tap on three dots to select Settings).
- Click on Account then choose Privacy from the given options.
- Select Last Seen under Who can see my personal info.
- Click on My Contacts Except and choose the contacts with which you want to hide your last seen status.
- Finally, click on the Done or Continue button to proceed.
Delete Specific Contacts to Hide
The other way to hide your last seen status from some specific contacts is to delete the contact from your address book and set the WhatsApp Last Seen visibility to contacts only. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the WhatsApp app on your Android or iOS device.
- Navigate to Settings (if you have an Android phone, tap on three dots then select Settings).
- Select Account and tap on Privacy.
- Now, click on Profile Photo under the Who can see my profile info.
- Choose My Contacts from the given options.
Now, only contacts who are saved in your phone book will be able to see your WhatsApp last seen online status. Hence, you need to make sure that the user with which you want to hide your last seen status is not added to the Address Book.
Conclusion: Hide Last Seen from Some People on WhatsApp
So, these are the ways by which you can hide your online status from specific contacts on WhatsApp. We hope the article helped you in hiding the last seen on WhatsApp from Android and iPhone.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.
If you want to hide your Last Seen Status from everyone, you can easily do it from the mobile app. To do so, open the WhatsApp app >> Navigate to Settings >> Tap on Account >> Click on Privacy >> Select Last Seen from the given option >> Select Nobody to hide.
Yes, WhatsApp officially has introduced a new feature by which users can hide their last seen online status from specific contacts.
You May Also Like:
How to Hide Your WhatsApp Profile Photo from Some Contacts?
How to Transfer WhatsApp Chats From Android to iPhone?