Wondering How to Hide Ads in Facebook Messenger, Block Brands Advertisement on Facebook Messenger, Remove Targeted Ads on Messenger –
Messenger is an instant messaging app and service developed by Meta (formerly known as Facebook). Messenger is connected to Facebook, and users will have to log in to their Facebook account in order to use Messenger.
Facebook Messenger recently release an update in which brands can show advertisements to users. However, many users don’t like these ads and wish to block them. We also get irritated with these ads and blocked them on our ads.
So, if you are also one of those who want to hide ads in Facebook Messenger, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the ways by which you can hide or block them.
How to Hide Ads in Facebook Messenger?
As of now, there is no official way or feature to turn off ads in Messenger. However, there are some workarounds by which you can block ads in Facebook Messenger on your PC or mobile.
Without Opening It
You can easily hide the ad banner on the friends’ list page without even opening it. Here’s how you can do it.
- Press and hold the advertisement which you want to block.
- Click on Hide Ad from the given options to hide it.
- Tap on the Done button on the next screen.
After Opening It
If you have opened the ad and don’t want to see it again then you can simply block it. Here’s how you can hide the ad after opening it.
- After opening the ad, click on the three-dots icon.
- Select Hide Ad from the given options to block it.
If you want to hide a particular ad that you saw previously on Messenger but not seeing it now, then you can remove it from the settings. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Messenger app on your device.
- Click on your profile picture icon on the top left side.
- Tap on Account Settings under the Account section.
- Click on Ad Preferences under Ads and you will see all the advertisers whose ads you have seen recently.
- Tap on the Hide Ads next to the advertiser’s name to remove it.
Conclusion: Hide Ads in Facebook Messenger
So, these are the ways by which you can Hide Ads in Facebook Messenger. We hope the article helped you in blocking the advertisement in Messenger on PC and Mobile.
For more articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick updates.