How to Hide About Status from Some People on WhatsApp, Hide Your Profile Status Message without deleting the contact from the address book –
WhatsApp Messenger (or simply WhatsApp) is a popular and widely used cross-platform centralized instant messaging service owned by Meta (formerly known as Facebook). It has millions of active users around the world.
On WhatsApp, users can add descriptions named About which other users can view by visiting your profile. However, sometimes, users don’t want to share theirs About Status or About description with all their contacts.
So, if you are also one of those who want to hide your profile status from some specific people on WhatsApp, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to do so.
How to Hide About Status from Some People on WhatsApp?
WhatsApp officially added a feature by which you can customize “About status” visibility on your account from Android and iOS devices. Also, there is a workaround by which you can do it.
From App’s Settings
After the latest app update, you can easily hide your profile status from some specific contacts. Follow the below to do so on your Android and iOS device.
- Update the WhatsApp app from App Store.
- After updating the application, open the app and click on Settings.
- Choose Account then select Privacy from the given options.
- Here, select About under Who can see my personal info.
- Tap on My Contacts Except and select the contacts with which you want to hide your profile status.
- Finally, click on Done to proceed.
- First of all, make sure that you have updated the WhatsApp app from Google Play Store to the latest version.
- Once updated, open the app and tap on three dots then choose Settings.
- Tap on Account and choose Privacy.
- Here, choose About under Who can see my personal info.
- Now, click on My Contacts Except and select all contacts with which you want to hide your profile status.
- Click on the Continue button to proceed.
Delete Contacts to Hide
If you have not got the My Contacts Except option on your account, you can also hide your about status from some specific contacts by deleting the contact from your address book and setting the WhatsApp About visibility to contacts only. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the WhatsApp app on your Android or iPhone.
- Go to Settings (if you have an Android device, click on the three dots icon then select Settings).
- Choose Account and tap on Privacy.
- Now, click on the About option under the Who can see my profile info.
- Select My Contacts from the given options.
Now, only contacts who are saved in your phone book will be able to see your WhatsApp profile status. Hence, you need to make sure that the user with which you want to hide your status is not added to the Address Book.
Conclusion: Hide About Status from Some People on WhatsApp
So, these are the ways by which you can hide your “About status” from some specific people on WhatsApp. We hope the article helped you in hiding the status from specific contacts.
You can hide “About” from someone on the platform. To do so, open WhatsApp app >> Go to Settings >> Click on Account >> Under Account, select Privacy >> Tap on About >> Choose My Contacts Except >> Finally, select the contact and click on Continue.
Yes, WhatsApp has officially introduced a feature by which users can hide their profile status from specific contacts on the platform.
This depends on the Settings you have made on your account. If you choose “My Contacts,” only users who are in your device’s address book will be able to see your About message. If you tap “Nobody,” no one will be able to see it. Also, if you select “My Contacts Except,” then selected people who are in your contact list will not be able to see it.