Your Account was Compromised error, Instagram account compromised fix password forget, Your Account was Compromised Instagram message, Instagram Account Compromised Solution, Account was Compromised Fixes –
Instagram is a photo and video sharing platform owned by Meta (formerly Facebook). It is a widely used social media platform with billions of active users globally.
Some users are facing Your Account was Compromised error on Instagram with the message saying, “It looks like you shared your password with a service to help you get more likes or followers, which goes against our Community Guidelines.”
Followed by, “Change your password to continue using Instagram. If you share your new password with one of these services, you may get blocked from following, liking, or commenting.”
So, if you are facing the same error on your account, read the article till the end as we have listed all the ways by which you can fix the error on your Instagram account easily.
How to Fix Your Account was Compromised on Instagram?
Most of the time, the users get a Your Account was Compromised error if they have probably used a third-party website or application to gain followers or likes.
Instagram says if you share your login information with any third-party website, your account may be locked. This is because Instagram thinks that your account has been compromised.
We have listed all the methods by which you can fix the Account Compromised error on your Instagram account.
If you remember Old Password
You can easily fix the error easily if you remember the old password for your account. Below are the step-by-step guide for fixing the error.
- After getting the Your Account was Compromised error, click on Change Password.
- Now, enter your old password.
- Make a new password and confirm it.
- After making the password, click on Change Password.
- Done, you password will be successfully changed.
Now, you can use your account without getting the error message. Note that, after updating your password, you will be logged out of all sessions except this one, anyone trying to get into your account will no longer have access.
If you forget your Old Password
You can also fix the error you are getting on your account if you forget your Old Password. Here’s the step-by-step process for getting back your account.
- After getting the error, click on Change Password.
- Now, click on Forget Password at the bottom.
- Here, a Trouble Logging in Page will open.
- Enter your username or phone or email address linked to your accont
- After entering, click on Send Login Link.
- Now, Instagram will send you a link to get back into your account.
- Check your email inbox for the login link.
- Open the email and click on Reset your password.
- If you have not receive the link, you can also check the Spam folder.
- Now, a Create New Password page will open.
- Enter the new password and confirm it by re-entering it.
- After entering, click on Reset Password option.
- After resting your passowrd, go back to the Instagram app.
- Login to your account in which you are getting the error.
Done, you should now be able to access your account without getting the Your Account was Compromised error message.
Conclusion: Your Account was Compromised
If you are still getting the same error on your account, you can fix it by uninstalling the Instagram account and installing it again.
So, these are the ways by which you can Fix Your Account was a Compromised error on Instagram. We hope this helps you in fixing the error on your account.
If you like the article and it helps you in fixing the issue, share it with your friends and family. Further, if you have any questions, do let us know in the comments below.
Stay Tuned for more informative articles and updates. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.